Returning player - server selection

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Adeity, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Adeity New Member

Greetings,

I have returned to the world of EverQuest and am currently deciding what is the best course of action - I have an 87 Ranger that I would like to keep using and is currently on the AB server, due to a somewhat limited schedule of play, I will only have 4 hours a week, with 10 at the weekend - I want to do group content and solo play, raiding is likely a far off dream right now.

I have been reading a lot, and keep seeing good things about Firiona Vie, as it boasts a healthy population, bonus experience and everything is tradeable (making gear up much easier for someone with limited play time) - my question is, would you advise a person in my position to submit a character transfer to the Firiona Vie server, for a better long term enjoyment?

I thank you kindly for your insights.
  2. Eilad Lorekeeper

FV is really dead at Euro hours ( i guess you are Euro since you have a toon on AB)

If you plan to box your own group, FV might be a good solution for your play time.

If its not the case, i strongly suggest to stay on AB.

Also some guilds are holding open raids sometimes, so you could always join them when you get higher level
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Possibly, but..

Bear in mind, though everything is tradeable, everything is also expensive. Farming plat takes time too. my personal suggestion would be play where you are, get into a large capable family style guild, perhaps one with an alliance raid situation where several nonraid guilds collaborate for raid loots and spend some time with the newer EQ and get good, then look at transferring with a better toon.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nope, don't pay for a transfer.

Keep in mind: Firiona Vie – Restricted. You may only transfer to Firiona Vie. Characters are not permitted to leave this server under any circumstance.

Just make a new guy first on that server and see how you like it. If it's for you then do the transfer. With all the armor and weapons being dropped it is easy to get lots for your characters even if your just looting rots on any server. Folks are always in general advising of drops for anyone to come and get. You are of a level you can do HA's if you want. Some nice drops in those.
  5. Sintay New Member

FV is pretty cool with everything being tradeable, but as mentioned, once you transfer there, you're there for life.
    Bristlebane also has a good population, and usually a decent number of people on at all hours.

That said, there's a lot going on this weekend with ban waves and whatnot, so server populations may be drastically different over the course of a week, so I'd say sit tight on AB for now. It might be worthwhile to make a scout character on any server you're considering at this point.
  6. Rhodz Augur

One of the reasons items are expensive on FV is they can be sold after use instead of being relegatedto the trash can. Things cost more because they simply have more value.
  7. Fabbyo74 New Member

I am new to FV looking for a friendly guild for a old 1999 player coming back to game , new account looking to meet new people , would love a guild with some kind of voice chat so let me know , but i selected this server cause of all the above points just thought it would be good for multiple toons to have the trading drops.
    Play Fabbyo on server so If u are starting there let me know would like to play with new to server people.
  8. Aghinem Augur

We have built a strong Eastern Hemisphere base in our guild on FV. You are welcome to visit http://knightsofinfinity.org and read our charter to determine if we are a good fit. If we are, just register and apply.

Read above. :)