Best leveling route for a Troll Shaman on Phinigel (non-twink)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gooch_McTaint, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Gooch_McTaint New Member

I just started a Troll Shaman Level 6 on Phinigel (Pretty much new to EQ, played P99 a bit), but I've having a little trouble figuring out a couple of things

1.) Best way to make platinum at low levels

2.) Where to level? Is there a guide for "classic" leveling route? It seems like the troll starting area is all but dead. Obviously solo xp is kind of awful.
  2. Aenoan Augur

Sell everything! I would ignore rusty weapons and armor drops unless you plan to wear it, they take up too much space.
    http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/progression/classic.cfm for leveling.
    I am a bit bias, I can't stand Guk. But that might be more because everyone and their grandmother heads there, once you are 10 as a suggestion, oasis is pretty nice and its not to far. You can stay there until 15 maybe 20 ? I then like to hike over to HPH/HHK till 30, you'll be kos to guards so becareful, I'd start with orcs and get some faction. But it's a one stop shop zone, which I like. and you can hang there as long as you want.
  3. Gooch_McTaint New Member

So from 6-10 I'm gonna have a bad time basically? lol
  4. Baldur Augur

For 6-10 if you want to group as an evil race you're going to have to move from the starting area. Commons has groups going some. So does greater faydark, but that's not really an option as a troll.

You could try getting a port to lavastorm and binding in th dark elf city, will have more opportunities for groups at the lower levels there.
  5. Marthis New Member

get a port, go to field of bone.
  6. Gooch_McTaint New Member

Will I be able to purchase my spells and whatnot nearby?
  7. Catashe Augur

Nope but you can get bound in Kaesora if you find someone who can.. take way you can origin back to grobb to buy spells then gate back to FoB
  8. Catashe Augur

well not IN the dungeon but in that "enclosed" area
  9. ggny New Member

Honestly Reroll Iksar. It is just easier especially at low level
    Marthis likes this.
  10. Dsarthe Journeyman

UR/Kurn's through 15, UGuk through 28, Lguk through 44, Velks through 60

HQ Bear Skins, Bone Chips are two good ways to make pp.
  11. Aenoan Augur

HS I hear is best for 40-50 and 60 if you can push it that far.
  12. DoopsieDaisy New Member

I have a Troll Shaman, and I haven't left the Innothule area. He's been 1-35 in Innothule -> Upper Guk -> Lower Guk.