Server-Specific Loading Screens

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kannik, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Kannik New Member

If there were only a handful of players on the TLP servers, this would be a more mundane topic, but TLP servers seem to be the most highly populated, consistently seeing the most logins - oftentimes by sheer count, but certainly the most unique logins. For those of us playing on non-live servers, it's a little bit silly to see The Broken Mirror splash art when logging onto Phinigel, which recently received Velious. The server is five years away from seeing TBM content at the 3 month delay between expansion releases.

Is there any chance we could get the client to display the latest expansion splash art for the particular server that is currently loading? As TLP servers become more popular (both as players return and as DBG releases more servers like Qualm), this would be a pretty satisfying feature, even if it's a small change. Many of us are playing TLP to relive nostalgia - what better a chance to use old loading screen artwork?
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. Kiani Augur

Really? I can't say it ever bothered me at all. Not the tips, many of which are irrelevant to TLPs.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

LOL Qualm server..

hehe

qualm
    [kwäm, kwälm]
    NOUN
    1. an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear, especially about one's own conduct; a misgiving:
      "military regimes generally have no qualms about controlling the press"
      synonyms: misgivings · doubts · reservations · second thoughts ·
      [more]
      • a momentary faint or sick feeling.
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  4. Kannik New Member

Quarm*, d'oh
  5. taliefer Augur

i like this idea, but not sure itd be worth the time unless its like a super easy flip to switch
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. Tinytinker Augur

No thanks. I'd rather see the devs spend time making sure the servers are running smoothly and Quarm gets off to a good start. Bug free servers will satisfy and retain people. Fluff ideas like this won't.
  7. Jaime Lannister Augur

TLP Players should turn off loading screens for a more authentic "classic" experience anyways.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

9. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

Or perhaps they could just toss up the old splash art from each expansion as they unlock on TLP? Giving us velious splash art on loading screen now, and luclin splash art next, etc. It's all easily findable online if they *don't have the files* although I forsee a 5 min cut and paste effort for any time they release double expacs(looks at GoD/OoW Fiasco that is upcoming).
  10. Nolrog Augur

I agree with Tali.
  11. SomethingWitty Augur

On the good old to-do list, this should be at the bottom
    Tinytinker likes this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

meh, want true classic, find some way back to this
    [IMG]

I agree though; its a would be nice thing but way, way, WAY at the bottom of the ToDo list. They have lots of broken things to address ;)
    Stune likes this.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Cardboard cutouts do a fair simulation
  14. Tinytinker Augur

For a true classic experience, server should randomly disconnect people
  15. Stune Augur

Devs wouldn't have to do a thing, other then advertise for the public to openly contest their artwork for those servers and i bet in the first 10 minutes a handful of good artists would pop up.

What ever happened to the community fan fare stuff did it go down the tubes with SOE too?
  16. Stune Augur

brings back memories i miss and hate.
  17. Chuuk Augur

Every time I see the old-school buff icons and spell gems I get goosebumps
  18. Gremin Augur

Speaking of loading screens...does anyone else get video lag from the torched? Iam running a GTX 960 and still getting lag from the torches on the char select screen.
  19. Rhodz Augur

No missing it just hate it, remember strained peas used to taste good once too...
  20. Jaime Lannister Augur

It's oldschool spell effects that get me every time.
    WTB oldschool spell effects. And not the discount version we can get currently get by deleting files etc.
    PathToEternity likes this.