Graphic delay

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eloela, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Eloela New Member

Since the patch I have been experience a white-out screen when first entering any zone... ill zone in, and need to run around in order for graphics to load. So first it will load a building, then a wall, then npc, then the floor, or whatever order it decides.. but until the zone finishes this process the whole screen is just white. Is it just me or everyone?
  2. Eloela New Member

And Mounts are invisible and mobs glide across the ground instead of walking.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I experience this also, and so do my guildies. According to our informal survey, it seems to be graphics card independent, and is likely an issue with EQ.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I actually changed settings to get something similar to this on my old computer to help speed up zoning times. Upon first zoning all would be white then as I walked along the rest would start showing up. Took less than a minute to all load but it did speed up a little. Got a new computer and no longer problem with EQ on a ssd now and different graphics card. But thought the setting I changed to get that might lead to resolving this? Here is what I found for way back then: "There is a setting deep within the Options -> Graphics -> Advanced window in the bottom left hand corner where you can set memory usage to high or low. I forget the exact name of the dropdown list. I have found that setting this to low - namely, do not load all graphics as you zone in, but have the game paint zone surfaces/mob surfaces as you spend time in the zone - speeds things up a LOT." So maybe check that setting and see if it is the opposite of this? Like I said I changed this to have the delayed graphics and faster zoning.
  5. KeliethOfTheRathe New Member

Do you by chance have Windows10? A friend of mine said that the graphics issue and the huge amount of crashing is caused by the most recent windows 10 update, it caused a memory leak in EQ. I dont know if this is the case for you, but I know it is for me and a lot of others.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I do have win 10, but many of my guildies do not (still on the much more stable and reliable win7).

As much as I don't like win 10, I do find it difficult to see how it could cause a memory leak in EQ. Pure speculation on my part, but it seems more likely that existing memory leaks in EQ are no longer being handled the same by windows (or the graphics drivers). Which would be more like your mom not doing your laundry for you any more because you're old enough to do it yourself. The pile of clothes might be building up because of a change in your mom's behavior, but it's hardly her fault.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Changing the memory mode seems to fix the problem for me AND my guildies. The odd thing, however, is that it changed for all of us recently (to Least). For me, it happened on three different accounts.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So the memory mode is what I suggested? :D Just so we know for next time. I think the windows updates affect EQ settings behind the scenes cause this kind of thing always happens right after a windows update and it updated all versions of windows this time.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I logged in today and noticed that the Memory Mode option has been reset to "Least memory usage". On all three of my accounts. I suspect DB/EQ (not Windows) is making this change (they had a patch too, after all).

Anybody else have a problem with this setting being changed without your intent?
    Eruesso likes this.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

My new theory is that some settings (maybe all?) are not saved to the .ini files until you camp out. I suspect that when EQ crashes, changes to the settings do not get saved. And since EQ can't run for more than an hour or two without crashing...
    Sarkaukar likes this.
  11. Eruesso Lorekeeper

Thanks bro....I didn't know wth was going on every time I zoned everything was grayed out and taking time to render the zone.....I looked and noticed my memory had been reset back to Least Memory as well....Not sure what caused this