What class are you rolling for Quarm?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DariyaVika, Jun 17, 2016.

1. DariyaVika Augur

Played a mage to 61, warrior to 62, and a cleric to 65 with lots of aaxp before I quit during GoD.

Thinking of doing a cleric again on Quarm, but also itching to play a mage again.

Are guilds who plan on doing Quarm fixing roles before they start? I suppose that would provide the best chance of success.

I'm currently in a TLP guild, but not sure if they're planning on playing on Quarm in any kind of numbers.
  2. Numiko Augur

How about none, as I'm not one of the cool kids already in pre-planned race guilds, and can't play EQ as much as would be needed to play in order to be in competition for even the group rewards I am giving this a pass.

If I tried Quarm I doubt I would be able to get to level 65 before the server is done and wrapped up. ..

this is definitely not a server for someone with limited play time.
  3. Ybidzian New Member

4. DariyaVika Augur

I wasn't really planning to do much for the raid race, but was hoping to complete the group trials. Figured might be easiest as a cleric, but then again those group trials will be really freaking rough without the raid gear you'd need. Then again, if I remember correctly from GoD, the problem wasn't a cleric running out of mana, the problem was could you healbomb the tank enough that they lived through the 30 second encounter :p
  5. Critts Augur

None it's a bigger waste of time then normal EQ, but if I did none other than a wizard.
  6. anvil Elder

berserker for me and wizard for wife
  7. Dibab Augur

wizzy mage necro not sure yet
  8. Makinn New Member

None... How about new content rather than doing old again
  9. Yimin Augur

Beastlord

Yi Min
  10. EnchFWO Augur

Also in the "none" camp. I still have plenty to do for alts on live or things to do to help guildies.

And have people actually looked at the "rewards"?

Titles = You can get much more creative and unique titles from guide events
    Hat = That's definitely Nagafen, not Quarm, and you all know it
    Port item = 10 hr recast on a fire-pot port? Lulz
    etc... lame in general.

I get some people just enjoy the 'race' or 'sense of accomplishment' which is fair if that's what floats your boat but overall it seems like one of the poorer ideas in recent times and it's probably just going to hurt the Live server summer slump even more which is going to result in more people quitting - not them going to play on some temporary novelty.
  11. Stephen51 Augur

I agree. The progression servers took enough of our guild to de-stabilise it, then the trailblazers seen the grass was greener with the hard core guilds. It's not the only reason we have problems but it's certainly not helping. Stop rehashing old content on new servers, and start on new content or at least something for smaller/mid tier guilds to do on their main server/character.

Rant/derail off
  12. anvil Elder

its not like they need that much time to make content for 5 zones.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

Seasons have worked well for diablo 3, for the rankings chase and the rewards. I think they have the right idea with the ruleset and i think it can work in EQ, however i agree that the rewards really aren't good enough. They could do so much more, making it something really special that would encourage people to play them, for example something like an evolving aug that goes into your epic and increases its stats (significantly) for each set of goals completed for each event server with a certain max threshold based upon your server's expansion - yes, that would be quite a bit of work, but it would be pretty damn cool, a way to make epics relevant again without having to make new epics.
  14. Damoncord Augur

Some of us think 5 zone expansions are .
  15. hatari New Member

they have too many under populated servers now yet keep opening more they shutdown lon because of not enough in it in my opinion stop with all the new servers till you get a good population on others or is it the intent to push more people away since cant do anything so game shuts down?
  16. taliefer Augur

this would be exceedingly awesome
  17. Argu Lorekeeper

When I first heard about the server I thought it sounded fun. Now that I have seen more information on it I doubt I will bother with it. I feel like your going to have a handful of hardcore eat, sleep, lives eq players ruin this for 99% of the players who roll on this server. I don't see me being able to achieve anything with my playtime.
    DrAxe likes this.
  18. DrAxe Journeyman

Honestly i would not expect many to get to hardcore on this. The rewards suck, minus the mount, but they have already destroyed the novelty of mounts in this game so no biggee there, LOL. Give me something actually worth the trouble and id do it, and have fun doing it im sure.

I also agree more spreading the playerbase even thinner is NOT a good thing, unless you actually promote and plan on getting in new players or old.
  19. DariyaVika Augur

The xp on the beta server was exceedingly fast. As in, you'll outlevel your ability to buy spells from the vendor fast.

From that aspect, it's not such a time sink, provided they don't do something stupid like slow down the xp to Phinigel like levels.

I look at it as a chance to play classes I didn't max out back in the day.
  20. Crayon123 Augur

You can achieve everything a hardcore player can, minus the 'Omen' title. As long as you clear the six trials before the server resets (3 months+), you can choose your reward. The XP is set to be very fast as well, 51-55 only takes about 2 hours in a PUG. Level cap is 70.