Race change potion on Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Doodlerz, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Doodlerz New Member

Do they work?
  2. Toodles Elder

3. fastboy21 Augur

Be careful. I'm pretty certain that these pots (race / deity) change can mess up your stats.
  4. taliefer Augur

they reset your stats to whatever the reccomended stats are on the char creation screen for that class. which is...not optimal in some cases. but generally not horrible.
  5. Srslynotimpressed Journeyman

Yeah, the stats now aren't as big of a deal in velious / raid gear. Though it would be pretty awesome if they sold a potion that allowed you to fix your starting stats after a race change. I wouldn't change much, but race changed last night and wouldn't have minded some minor tweaks.
  6. Ronika New Member

Will also potentially wipe out spells which I'm not sure is a listed thing.
  7. Beastro Augur

So for a Necro that means they you're possible emphasis on Stamina over Int will be wiped out when the reset dumps 25 into int and only 5 in Stam. For many who used it to go Iksar at Kunark launch that isn't that much of an issue given their int/stam levels, which effectively balances out if you'd played a Gnome or DE and done 15-25 Stam and only 5-15 Int.

Other choices, like going Ogre Warrior and getting some wasted on Strength, will really screw you over trying to make full use of those starter stats.
  8. Finley Augur

They did not wipe out my spells except for the race/deity specific ones I had I believe. One problem with them is if you change to a race that has an ability, like hide or forage, you will only be able to use those skills with the effectiveness of having 1 skill level. So if for example you switch from Human Druid to Halfling Druid, do not expect hide to work ever.
  9. Vanellope New Member

So I am aware that using one of these race change potions will reset your starting stats to whatever the defaults are on the character selection screen, but what if I change back to my original race from when I rolled the character? Do I get back those customized starting stats or do I just get the default ones yet again, even though I went back to my original race?
  10. Random newb Augur

Race change deletes the cannibalism line. Not sure why, but it does.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

That would suck if you were still using Canni II.
  12. Banecrow Elder

That would explain why I lose the spell back when I race changed to iksar haha.