LoN loot cards and veteran rewards

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by beefeaterdp, Jun 16, 2016.

1. beefeaterdp New Member

When will they be added on Phinigel?
  2. Aenoan Augur

Not for awhile. I know LoN came out in like 2007 well I think so, so whatever expansion that was...I think it's TBS and loot cards obviously tied with that but Vet AA's, but i can't remember when those came out.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Veteran rewards will be available on Ragefire when PoP opens, so it will be around that time on Phini as well.
    Numiko likes this.
  4. Numiko Augur

was wondering when they will kick in, will be nice to get rid of that "your character is eligible" spam every time i log in !

I wonder if we will be getting all the entitled awards or just the first one or two?
  5. eldwyn New Member

Their exclusion is, imo, just due not to wanting the work to check them all. There are obvious things that are "out of era" like mounts and stats on the illusions, etc. The rest of it though is just fun.

There are lots of fanfaire rewards and illusion items and other fun non-stat items that could easily be put into the current era of phinny without doing ANYTHING other than just letting some people have fun by by playing virtual dress up.

What really bothers most about this is three things. One, when I brought it up, I was told by customer service that the devs were trying to keep the "classic feel" to the server. I read this as a mage pet looking like I-don't-know-what (I think it was a jester rag doll) runs by with a necromancer friend and his bunny pet. Two, that I would be willing to plunk down money to play LoN again if the non-stat items were available (i.e. give money to DBG). Three, I would just shut up and deal with it if this weren't a pay to play server. I think its reasonable to ask/expect that the items I paid to get over the years that don't affect the gameplay be put into game...

I hate to say it, but the only good excuse to not put them in is that someone would have to do a little work to see what illusions etc belonged. I actually did this list of non-stat illusions and set them to a dev who had asked me to do so. I never heard back.
  6. eldwyn New Member

FYI here is a copy of the list I referred to above (Originally sent in December 2015):

Most of the fun rewards are mounts and illusions. Obviously mounts wouldn't be a good idea until at least Luclin. I went through the entire list of of illusions that are granted by the LoN game (claimable cards that result in an in-game item with a clicky illusion). There were 37 in total. Of those 37 most of them had beneficial effects (lev, attk, haste, ds, stats, etc.) that would make them more than just a toy. I looked through all 37. There are 10 that only grant an illusion according to the LUCY spell data. Some of those 10 no longer "drop" in LoN as they were one-time tournament reward cards. Here is the list of the 10 LoN illusion items that only grant an illusion and no other effects whatsoever:

IMO, they are comparable to the fun stuff players can buy in the in-game store (like pet illusions, appearance augs, etc.) and only add some fun to the over-all experience without changing actual mechanics, etc.
  7. Kiani Augur

Can anyone remember if veteran rewards can be claimed on TLP servers if you've already claimed the same one before on live?
  8. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

You should be able to claim veteran rewards for as many toons as years you you have in /played. I thought it started in God for vet rewards and SoD for LoN I could be wrong though.
  9. Jaime Lannister Augur

I've never understood why there aren't a ton of Illusion items in the marketplace. Seems like the most obvious choice for wanting to make money. Everyone would own at least a couple illusions, no?

Just release a ton of statless illusion items to the marketplace and people will go Ham buying them.

Would people really be super upset if you could buy an illusion item from the marketplace that is on a droppable item? Like if there was a gnome illusion item in Marketplace is that going to throw the world out of balance because of Mask of Tinkerer? Do people care that much? I'd reckon people would rather be able to buy from a list of like 30+ illusions than worry about stuff like that. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd pay 20$+ per illusion np.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, at least two of those offer super-shrink, so those would probably have to be excluded as well. If the whole point is that avoiding items that provide a benefit is really your motivation here.

Also on the Centaur, that one bums me out. When it first came out, it had a sitting graphic; it no longer does (it stopped having one about 6-7 years ago).
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm not sure if you aren't looking in the right place or what, but there are over 40 illusions for sale in the marketplace.
  12. Jaime Lannister Augur

Player illusions? On TLP (TLP forum here)?
  13. Beastro Augur

We will be able to claim the stuff we have when the era comes, right?

I've been claiming LoN stuff for a year trying to get the Sarnak and Iksar Skellie illusions on both my accounts to eventually use on prog, but only had luck getting each on my alt account.

All the time I've done trying to do this better not be wasted...
  14. Nolrog Augur

I think that's a fair point. I like seeing illusions, though I just wish there were armor sets for them (the illusions negate the heroes forge.)

IMO, that price point is too high for each. I wouldn't buy them at 2000 (even with the free SC) but I would pay around 500 and probably buy several. Would also spur some sales of the illusion key ring extender.
  15. Beastro Augur

WTB Iksar Skellie, Old Sarnak, Kunark Gobbie and Old Spectre illusion clikies plz~

The Old Gobbie model for an illusion would rock too for FDing.