Test server error 1017

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DeadRagarr, Jun 17, 2016.

1. DeadRagarr Augur

Tried across three PC's. All of them are receiving error 1017 and can't login to Test server.
  2. Darkitecht New Member

Also getting error 1017. Has been consistently happening for the past 7 hours.
  3. Acou New Member

Getting same thing, was logged in overnight then tried to zone early this morning and crashed. Since then getting this 1017 error. Have patched to live which works fine, patch back to test still getting 1017.
  4. Platrat Journeyman

Probably won't be looked at till they get into the office...
  5. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Probably due to the Beta issues, this is usually a thing that happens with betas, we share the same hardware.
  6. Pooneyboy New Member

7. Darkiceman New Member

And here we go again.
  8. JChan Developer

Did you recently patch to beta? If so please try deleting your eqhost.txt file and repatching to Test. Typically we recommend not sharing the same directory for beta, test, or live servers because of issues like this.

Actually Beta and Test don't share the same hardware and haven't in many many years.
  9. Darkitecht New Member

I have separate directories for test and live and I still can't access the game due to 1017
  10. JChan Developer

What's in your eqhost.txt file?
  11. Pooneyboy New Member

seperate directories here too, deleted eqhost and repatched, still no love
  12. Darkitecht New Member

likewise, deleted eqhost repatched and nothing.
  13. Chalik/Nefferkitti New Member

I have tried replacing all the files from my top-level EQtest folder with the ones from my EQ folder. Still getting 1017 on test (only - have no trouble connecting to live servers), and have been since I tried to zone last night around 11 pm Pacific time. About to try replacing all EQtest uifiles with those from EQ folder. Have reset modem - no change.

edit: replacing uifiles did no good
    edit2: replacing LaunchPad.libs did no good
    edit3: replacing Resources folder did no good. Is there some registry entry that I can change, or something?
  14. JChan Developer

We're looking into other potential causes of these connection issues. It may be related to some internal company maintenance last night. No ETA.
    Chalik/Nefferkitti likes this.
  15. Shmoozy New Member

Thank you JChan for looking into this and letting us know :)
  16. Chalik/Nefferkitti New Member

FYI
    Turned off firewall - no change
    Deleted temporary internet files - no change
  17. Shmoozy New Member

Was just able to log in , thanks
  18. JChan Developer

OK, things should be clearing up now, let us know if you still continue to experience issues. Thanks.
  19. Minx Journeyman

Getting this error this morning error 1017
  20. Minx Journeyman

deleting my eqhost.txt from my beta files then allowing it to repatch worked thank you