Velious Locked Server..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by heikas, Jun 10, 2016.

1. heikas New Member

Would be very successful and fun to play.
    Rules:
    No Global chats.
    No maps.
    Corpse runs.
    Original zones.
    No Luclin models.
    Kronos disabled.

What do you think?
    Tallor likes this.
  2. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Long answer: if everyone got to play on their dream server with the ruleset they want, we would have 10 000 servers with 1 people playing on each.

Short answer: no.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

True, but the one server ruleset we really need, a rebooted FV (i.e. all items tradeable) is the one we keep not getting. FV proves it's a recipe for long term health.
  4. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

So like, go play FV. I do, and have since POP came out.
  5. Tinytinker Augur

I would not be interested in such a server. I have no desire to do corpse runs or stumble around with no maps now that I have limited playtime. It was fun back in the day, but not so much now, that I have kids and a full time job.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

I would, except I'd skip a lot of content and expansions, have to play catch-up, etc. I'd rather they just added the winning formula to TLP. I did, in fact, play FV for 4-5 years, but I'd quit at level 85 and just feel it's hard to go back and skip so much. Plus, I do want to do some expansions I missed, like most of GoD.
  7. Ducreux Augur

You are describing the P99 server, and I doubt it's an accident.
  8. Seraphim Augur

Why do people want DBGs to make a P99 server when that already exists??? LOL people!
    Tinytinker likes this.
  9. Tinytinker Augur

I am doubtful that a P99 server would be successful. It would be a train wreck with all the raid drama, and I can't see folks wanting to spend forever in Velious. Last time I was on the P99 boards the P99 folks were begging for Luclin or a new server, so they wouldn't be stuck eternally doing Velious...

I can see though why people would want Daybreak to create a P99 server, instead of playing on the real thing. I'll never set foot on P99 again because I hate how racist/sexist/and nasty the server can be.
  10. malaki Augur

Velious has been on Phinny less than a month and I'm honestly ready for Luclin to come out tomorrow.
  11. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

I think it's project1999. Stagnant servers create toxic communities. No thanks.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

What an amazing idea. How come no one has ever proposed a locked server before?
  13. Tinytinker Augur

Probably wants a P99 server so he can multi-box to his hearts content or thinks his raid guild can get away with stuff over here, they wouldn't be able to do on P99. I noticed he didn't include "no boxing" or "Play Nice" in his rules...

I give his post half a like for not going rah, rah, no boxing.
  14. Nolrog Augur

15. Nolrog Augur

Because P99 is still incredibly difficult to get into. Can only use a certain expansion pack so you get the correct patcher and the only ways to get it are not legitimate, and if you're not careful, could put a virus on your system. I've tried to look for the correct version of the patcher more than a few times, but it's either pay a ridiculous amount of money on e-Bay or Amazon, or go to a nefarious site and take your chances. No thanks to both.
  16. EQForumAcct Augur

Sounds like you need to go play on P99
    Tinytinker likes this.
  17. EQForumAcct Augur

Eh, people get away with boxing, RMTing, etc, on P99 all the time. Just a matter of kicking back some of the profit to the GMs there.
  18. Lifetap Augur

I used to like the idea of the p99 server but I can't imagine being stuck in the same expansion anymore. 6 months is already a struggle.
  19. Seraphim Augur

You fail really bad, its easy to just go to a torrent site and download it. Run a virus scanner and walaaaah done!
    Skelify likes this.
  20. Seraphim Augur

I heard P99 was worthless cause guilds have GMs spawn raid mobs for them. What's the point in having GMs spawn raid targets for people? If you are that bad at the game just make a proxy server and kill it yourself with a few friends to actually see a loot window!
  21. Rhoulicas Augur

PoP locked server for the win, because the end game story doesn't get any better than that.
    Zardnok likes this.
  22. Skelify New Member

So basically you want p99? Go play p99
    Nolrog likes this.