Warrior Fix Idea(New AA)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Taeluuin Entariel, Jun 8, 2016.

1. p2aa Augur

Please, remind me, when tank forum was filled with knight complain "I cannot tank stuff", and you were one of the people complaining, you were not saying this ?
    How strange isn't it ?
  2. Warpeace Augur

Really 9% isn't acceptable at top end? It was before.....

Your trying to highlight solo and group / raid utility that shines but ignore where warriors shine. You picked the most dependent TANK class of them all but when supported in a group / raid setting are just fine.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Sad part is you will get the same answers from the same Warriors, just nerf Knights because.......
  4. p2aa Augur

No it was not acceptable. Read back threads done at this time, where knights were replacing warriors in the Boss TO in raid guilds.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Yes because Warrior numbers have been reduced on raid rosters, not. Maybe exceptionally bad Warriors, but that's all about skill and not clicking one disc until they die.
  6. oklookatme Journeyman

How is this 9% being calculated and comparison being made? Usually when someone throws out percentages they explain how to get that result, but maybe I missed it. Thanks..
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You really have quite the hard on for Xan's thread, eh? As it's been way longer than 4 hours, seeking medical attention is usually recommended.

As for strange, it's indeed so hard to tell the difference between one long thread on a subject and ten threads (one of which was equally long and stupid) on a subject. Yes, sir. Just so strange.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

So... Knights, that are tanks, are not allowed to tank anything except trash? And then said trash will be tuned around warriors mitigation?

Are you related to Furor? You sound like one of those old FOH or Afterlife crybabies from way back when.
  9. Ulfgar Soulforged New Member

If knights get 9% less mitigation then warriors can warriors have 9% less self-healing, stuns, luls, fd, ect. then knights?
  10. p2aa Augur

If warriors didn't get Defensive Proficiency, then yes the warrior number would have been reduced a lot. At this time, Warlord tenacity and Warlord Bravery, 2 good tools for warriors, were like 1 hour refresh, there was no Dichotomic Shielding. The warrior tool or warrior tool refresh was worst at this time than it is now.

41 % for Knights (36 % from their defensive disc + 5 % Knight Sedulity)
    50 % for Warriors (45% from their defensive disc + 5 % DI - 1 inate)

A thread where you were taking part of and crying "I cannot tank stuff". But that's strange, when the truth is being said about you, you start to make personal attacks.

Knight main job is raid is to tank trash mob.
    Warrior main job in raid is to MT Raid Bosses.
    Some knights have always had warrior envy and wanted to MT Raid Bosses too like warriors.
    You need a % that allows you to tank trash mobs, and step on MT Raid Bosses if need be, but not too close to warriors.
    This is where 35 % is overtuned. You didn't need such a number. This number makes you too close to warriors when MT Raid Bosses.

11. Kobrah Augur

Another whiney thread. Ah well might as well get some insight while wars be looking.

So what does Pain doesn't hurt actually do ? I look it up and it says

I don't know what the damage threshold is per hit or spell or what not... It says it lasts 3 mins. as well. Always been curious on that because war friend seems to do pretty well with that.. But I notice the threshold of damage is higher than both of my paladins absorbtion discs combined... and lasts just as long as both combined. Armor of Ardency + Mantle. I don't know SK crap sorry yall.

Then knight defensive disc is 35% mitigation + whatever SKs get on the side .. paladin get a heal on bash. Last stand is

And that proc as I read is a 7200 point rune. It says it lasts 3 mins also.. Knight defensive lasts 2 mins. I don't know what the other crap for wars does because I never played one. I know what my paladin does though and the only real difference I can see is that paladins and sk's proc heals / lifetaps and warriors don't. Other than that looking at those numbers wars are significantly ahead right ? If you're raiding ... you're probably getting paladin spire + group armor + protective vie recourse + additional group heal from said paladin. If you're looking at group stuff ... knights have always had more flavor in that aspect of the game since day 1 right ?

Oh yeah another thought.. what does war dicho do ? I never really asked that before. I know paladins get a stun / group heal and SKs ..... lifetap ? big one ?
    To sum up this post before bed it looks like war have a nice advantage over knights in a raid situation and in group stuff they lack that "flavor" knights have always had over wars since day 1. I certainly don't have any ideas to add war "flavor" to group game that would not drastically imbalance the raid aspect but it seems like you're not getting the bang for your buck on mitigation vs flavor in group game right? As far as raids go it looks like they are certainly ahead. DAANG this $hite was loong
  12. Triconix Augur

PDH is 4.8k max hit. Eqresource.com is better to look stuff up than zam.

The last Stand proc is laughable. It procs 5-6 in the 3 minutes at most last time I checked.

Dichotomic does 25% increase to max hp, 40% mitigation threshold rune for hits above 11k (melee) and 6k (spell). 30% mitigation to dots. It also does an aggro mod of 100%.. it's by far the best tank dichotomic there is, but again, it's built almost solely for raid content which is awesome, but I'd still like backwards scaling abilities for grouping.

Personally, warriors are in the best place they've been in years for raid tanking. We've gotten a lot over the last couple years - more than we got for nearly a decade. There are a few abilities that need some more tweaking but overall I'm happy where we sit for raiding. I still stay prof is way too powerful a tool for any class, but it's not going away. Give warriors some group oriented stuff and I'll be on my merry way.
    Xeladom and Xanathol like this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

No, because your spokespersons have zero desire to become a 3rd Knight class.
  14. Warpeace Augur

See you already jumped ahead and put if Warriors didn't get DP their numbers would have been reduced. You are making assumptions that have zero base. Crappy Warriors were holding a raid roster spot because of your ability to MT with one disc at the minimum until they died and in some Guilds they still do.

Why are you trying to throw all this other garbage into your response because it has nothing to do with the question and you didn't even attempt to answer it like normal. Lets try again shall we...........

Did Warrior's loose raid MT roster spots because of the DP Knights received?

Completely separate thread and has zero value here except your clutching at straws trying to bring anything and I mean anything into a poor argument to try and prove anything. You have no moral high road when you make personal attacks like what I just quoted so stop crying name calling and what not because your no better.

Not sure why you carry on that 9% is not enough of an advantage but apparently you think the Warrior class needs 30% advantage to be competitive and that just not healthy for the game. You want Knight abilities but your class was never a solo playing class, if Daybreak can give Warriors something that helps with their ability to solo that would be great but doubt anyone is going to say oh that's cool Warriors got another 30% mitigation tool they can keep up 100% of the time and not have to user a defensive disk.

Next up Warrior envy because Wizards get the big pew pew nukes and they have none! Why because its not fare and getting big nukes would allow Warriors to solo and maybe reduce the Knight or any other class envy.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

Come on man, it wont be wiz nukes cause that would make them eldrich knights, its Zerker decaps, cause parent class right?
  16. Kamea Augur

Some people complained about the state of knight v war balance.

Clearly this thread needs to be locked.
  17. Triconix Augur

Not sure why you guys continue to feed the troll :confused:
    The more you respond the more he'll kick back ridiculous statements.

I still think the berserker class should never have been made. Warriors should've been a heavy melee damage tank class from the get go, imo. Obviously not as much dps as what berserkers do now, but considerably more than what warriors are doing atm. Or just created a skill arch tree where the player had to decide to be a dps or tank warrior.
    Sheex likes this.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

You sir are dead to me!
    Xanathol likes this.
  19. Triconix Augur

Sorry not sorry? :p
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Never apologize for your feelings, just your mistakes.