Why must someone watch the Sleeper awaken?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cicelee, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Bragon New Member

RadarX is having dinner yall, he'll be with you shortly.
  2. Finley Augur

Wish we knew what "talk about it internally" meant so we don't need to speculate.
  3. Aghinem Augur

Do you really need for it to be spelled out to you? As I suggested in a earlier post, they are likely going to be working on a solution for you TLPers as they often do.
  4. Finley Augur

Sure, spell it out. That would be better than silencing all discussion and giving a vague answer.

We have limited time in these expansions; and there is currently raid content we cannot even access. That isn't what was advertised back in November of 2015
  5. RadarX Augur

I prefer to just consume dark energy around me. It's faster.

This thread is currently the only current discussion thread we're leaving open on the topic right now. If you are waiting for an immediate answer, I'm afraid it won't be today.
  6. TowerDefense Augur

Is roshen leaving all the dirty work up to you! Havent seen him moderate in a while!
  7. Kearstin Elder

conquest did not awaken the sleeper, a gm who intervened due to the z-axis exploit was the first to defeat ventani with the awaken sleeper script in place. previously fires of heaven had defeated ventani with no resulting event and with a broken event and both times the zone continued to repop as sleeper's tomb with or without gm action on veeshan

it's really strange you were bummed out about not seeing an event you had no idea would take place, it's even stranger since you would have no way of knowing this was a change to a semi-permanent state eventually revolving around the essence of the lens quest as opposed to an event that could re-occur every week or so when the zone repops

15 years later people were looking forward to an expected event and with instancing there is every reason to believe they would have been able to witness it and they still could with a trivial amount of dev effort to simply set instances to sleeper's tomb as opposed to kerafyrm's lair with a change over to kerafyrm's lair for instances with the launch of luclin or some other future date independent of what takes place in un-instanced sleeper's tomb

it's yet another waste of dev resources to create an instance and then not make the instance available, alternatively if someone from the business side reads this with a precedent of two zones created that can only be accessed from a dgb cash purchase (wedding chapels), simply make a "forgotten crypt key ii" that can access sleeper's tomb with a shared lockout with kerafyrm's lair so guilds can farm the instance at their own pace and get different loot but not increase the rate of loot acquistion, not being impacted by other guilds is certainly something that does appeal to some phinny raiders

once you've gotten over the hump and made sleeper's tomb available on phinny eventually this should follow a logical progression to allowing players on non-progression servers to purchase an instance that you've already done the hard part of creating and farm temple of veeshan for a level 1 twink, bow of the destroyer and/or nostalgia and coming soon vex thal and a variety of clicks

going back to instance content was a considerable time sink but once you're past that it's utter madness not to let people help finance the next expansion because they want all their alts to have human illusion or whatever

or you know, upset your paying customers for no good reason and fail to monetize content you've already created because dgb isn't at all concerned about revenues or profits and instead places the highest priority on the notion that rate that circlet of disguise enters the world is a fundamental balance point in everquest
  8. lostinmind Journeyman

Lol why is every one trying to diminish it to the event? People want to see sleepers tomb 1.0 and experience killing warders + obtaining the items they use to drool over. That is it and that is a service this server should provide. The argument that it's not even best in slot doesn't matter. These are items the current player base wanted to obtain. Saying well it's only relevant for six more months doesn't pass mustard because we are on a progression server can't you say that about every item..

Everyone says we are on these servers for nostalgic appeal. But it is to see content we haven't before and get drops we haven't as well. Raid instancing has done a great job so far. I just have no idea why sleeper's tomb is being played as an exception. We suffer through super buffed mobs in the instance to kill on our own timeline. Why force sleeper progress on people..
  9. Numiko Augur

I hope they add both Tomb's to the AoC so a guild can choose either one to raid that day, I do agree they should have shared lockout timers so both cannot be raided at the same time. (unless you're big enough to split your force of course)
  10. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

If people really want to see the sleeper awoken, there is plenty of videos on youtube of it happening.

Lanys was the good old days.. I was online both times the sleeper was awoken on that server.. The time it was exploited and killed, and the time it was done legit. ahh the memories!
  11. Gods New Member

Blood of the Spider on the Rathe was the first guild to awaken the Sleeper on any server and we got the full event. Well, by full event, I mean that he woke up and started killing everyone until the GM came. What was wrong when Fires of Heaven awakened him?
  12. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

the script was broken on lanys when it first happened.. the sleeper didn't just stay in velious killing people. the sleeper went to every zone and killed everyone online.. I was in south karana when the sleeper killed me way back when.
    Stune likes this.
  13. Stune Augur

That isn't fair, since a gimped guild with a bad agenda can break it.
  14. Stune Augur

I remembered that, i was just logging in when it happened. People told me to stay offline, the Sleeper was awaken and its killing everyone server wide. I stayed offline for 12 hours haha I think i camped out deep in a dungeon at the time.
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

most people don't believe me when I tell them that happened Stune, im glad someone else who was online at the time chimed in :)
    Stune likes this.
  16. Radien Elder

So you're considering changing the precedent and allowing pre-wake Sleeper in instances, but you remain stonestanced on your GoD/OoW release which has received far more negative feedback.

Some of the decisions of this company never fail to amuse. The whole idea behind Sleeper's Tomb loot is that it is rare after the event has taken place. This would completely change that. Strongly opposed to offering the pre-woken state.

If you are going to offer the instances (for all these "I want to see the content" folks), the only fair way of doing this would be with the loot tables from the post-awoken state. Every Joe Schmoe walking around with a SoD and a Gnome Mask is comical.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

originally when velious was released the SoD was droping from the gnolls in iceclad, so every joe schmoe did originally have one. Why cant it happen again?
  18. Critt Augur

ah spoken like someone who wants a monopoly so they can sell those items for 100's of krono imo..Of course you are against preawakened ST can't make those dollar bills other wise....
  19. RadarX Augur

Where did I state this?
    Critt likes this.
  20. Kahna Augur

The phrase you are looking for is "pass muster". Muster being a military formation/inspection that you can pass or fail based upon your uniform turnout.

To keep this on topic, I am ambivalent about the change. New sleepers, old sleepers. It doesn't really matter in the end.