Ngreth back on the team?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kravitz, Jun 2, 2016.

1. segap Augur

TDS spell naming (not enough TBM spells) did not break TBM itemization. You could draw a correlation to TBM item naming though.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Why doesn't someone start a thread for "Spell Name Suggestions" to help the Devs out?

Seriously, it doesn't take Computer Science/IT experience.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

I believe it's either been tried or at least offered (this much i know) during multiple betas.
    Brohg likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Spell naming also includes every NPC spell and focus effect so it is more then just player cast spells.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well this thread went south. Why don't we keep it on target!

Yes, I'm back. Currently, I'm creating content. We'll see what comes after that!

I got the task of looking into the cultural and progression simply because I am familiar with the systems and could be relatively quick on finding the information. It is not necessarily an indication of my duties. That said, it might also be an indication of my duties.

As mentioned, currently I am concentrating on content. We'll see what goes as more time passes and more content is complete.

Realistically, my duties is as a jack of all trades, tossed at the bigest fire.
  6. segap Augur

Welcome back. Good to see the team being given resources.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Welcome back!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

Items are still broken. If you think spell naming would've fixed that, you're lying to yourself.

There were not enough spells in TBM to cause such a massive failure on the initial item release.

And for the third time, if it comes down to it I want content before spell names, but I'd like to see spell names done right at some point. Not sure why people ignore this part. Selective reading I guess.
    Iila likes this.
  9. RadarX Augur

Ngreth has very gently asked but I'll be a bit more blunt. Our rules on insults towards employees aren't new but a few of you just received a reminder. Beyond that let's try and keep discussion constructive please. Thank you!
    Ishtass likes this.
  10. Rorce Augur

Welcome back, Ngreth. Your return is one of the best things that's happened for EQ in many months.

Look forward to working with you in future Betas and playing your amazing content.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  11. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Underfoot 2.0 or bust
  12. Naugrin Augur

Welcome home.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

I think you're selectively reading past all the people that don't align with you about what "done right" entails.
    Reht likes this.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Underfoot 2.0 or go home i totally agree
  15. Iila Augur

My windows desktop is just pure black.

I wish I had screen shots from back around velious when I edited some of the textures in zones that had oak bark tannin ground spawns, for tailoring. I tried finding those in a butcherblock with a pure white ground texture, but in addition to being painful to look at, there was nothing to show the elevation changes, all the little pits and hills were mostly invisible.

So I used the mspaint spray paint tool to put yellow grid lines on the white texture. Definitely did not make it easier to look at, but I could see all the elevation changes!

Still never found any of those ground spawns, despite doing that for two zones and running around for hours looking for the specs of green on my eye killing white and yellow ground.

Flavor things like spell names are going to matter differently to people. I can still remember the names of the spells I was using at 50/60/65, because the spells either did something unique, or had elegant and memorable names. But I can't remember the name of the 100 or 105 spells I used for two years each, because they were neither. Well, I remember that my group heal was called moon sausage, lol.

My musing if I were in charge of spells. Which has about as much chance of happening as me winning a lottery without ever playing them. And the money would have several digits less than a lotto.
    Janakin likes this.
  16. beryon Augur

Now you've given me the mental image of ogres being dropped from helicopters to smother fires. So thanks for that, and welcome back.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  17. Thraine Augur

wish i could like this comment twice :p
  18. Stune Augur

Cheer everyone up!! Dewit!! :)

Ngreth for pres!!!
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well. It could be worse.
    Your mental image could be of naked ogres dropped from helicopters to smother fires.
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

I don't know why, but i suddenly had a memory of the WKRP in Cincinnati thanksgiving episode with the turkey drop from the helicopter.......