Is this the beginning of the push for a new server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jmitch, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmitch Lorekeeper

I don't have a character on phinny, but I've been following closely and I've wanted to jump in for some time now. With this whole sleeper's tomb debacle going on I've already seen multiple posts talking about "when phinny 2.0 is released" blabla etc. The time between lockjaw and phinigel's release is around the same amount of time between phinigel's release and now. So my question is do we have another progression server not far on the horizon? I don't want to start fresh, buy a few krono to get the ball rolling, only to play for a few months and have a new server announced. I know no one other than developers could really answer that, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't want to hop on the Titanic when it's a few miles away from the iceberg.
  2. Selfoss New Member

Definitely not. They've announced a new server called Quarm, which will start you at level 51 with 50 AA I believe. I don't think they'll release any new progression server so close to that, let alone Phinny.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Depends what you mean, the next new server is the Quarm "Seasonal" server set to launch sometime in the Summer according to DBG, and it's quite a bit different than the other servers released so far. Personally I can't see it having much staying power past the first 1-2 seasons unless the rewards change each time and are worth pursuing.

If you want to seriously invest time and energy into a character and have it last for awhile then this new server won't be for you. I can't imagine another new TLP server launching before next year at the earliest(though I doubt we will see one) due to the need for Devs to switch focus onto creating another new live expansion and the bug fixing and tuning that will need to take place the months following its release.
  4. Finley Augur

We already have a new server type announced, the first of its kind will be called Quarm. It is not a substitute for a TLP (though I suspect lots will play on it in addition to their regular servers).

I think the average player on Phinigel is not very upset about the sleeper. If I am wrong about that Daybreak can always appease the masses by making the instanced Sleeper's Tomb the preawakened state for a certain amount of time; but I am not sure that is even necessary. If you want to roll on Phinigel now is a great time; the raiding scene is very healthy and it is very easy to avoid the drama laden guilds that have been at the center of this "debacle" as you call it. Check out phinnykills.com for a list of guilds killing content and staying out of the drama.
  5. Jmitch Lorekeeper

I didn't know about the quarm server, thanks for the info. It seems unlikely that they'd work on a seasonal server and new progression server at the same time, so that's some good news for phinigel's longevity.
  6. Risiko Augur

Thanks to raid instances, true box code, and slow leveling on Phinny, I would bet that Phinigel will be a very active server for many expansions to come. I really don't see this server dying after PoP. The thing is, there's a lot of casual raiding guilds on this server that will last a very long time due to the lack of server drama.

Honestly, what killed the other TLP servers in the past was the drama between raiding guilds causing people to give up on the server and/or the game. Then after a few expansions youre down to one or two raid guilds left. And then one. And then none. Phinigel doesn't have that issue thanks to raid instancing. Even the ST thing this week has very little impact on 90% of the guilds on this server.
  7. Urshulgi Augur

The ST thing doesn't really affect me at all. Never cared about the event back when it happened on my original classic server, and don't care about it now.
  8. Nolrog Augur

No, this isn't a push for a new server. Sleepers Tomb is still there, just in the post-awakening state. So people can get similar items they could have gotten before. The actual impact to the server is rather minimal. The complaint is mainly the fact that AoS decided to pull an underhanded stunt, break their word and then try to blame it on someone else. Had they stuck to their original promise to wake her at the end of July, no one would have said a word.

There is a new server coming, Quarm, which will be a goal specific sever (first to kill OMM wins.) I got the impression that there will be more goals after the OMM one (perhaps with server wipes, so everyone starts at the same baseline.)

We currently have 5 progression servers at various stages. They won't add any new ones for a while.
  9. Semah Augur

I hope they don't create a new (non-seasonal) TLP for a long, long time. The pressure to restart on the next big thing is tiresome, and the more TLPs there are, the less attention existing TLPs will get.

Please curate the existing servers (tweaking the rules as necessary) rather than creating yet another experiment in TLP rulesets. There is no perfect ruleset, there's just a lot of players who don't want to restart yet again.
  10. Sepulch New Member

In the end what difference does it make to either roll now and have fun over waiting for another TLP server to come and roll there? It's not like you are going to have guarantees that the supposedly new server will be a perpetual one.

Going by the fact that a 7 month server is almost always at high population and at worst is 24/7 of medium population with people from all over the world; I do not see a better TLP server to roll on.
  11. RadarX Augur

As mentioned folks we probably need to let the Sleepers Tomb discussion...sleep... for a few more days. I know emotions are still running high over this but at this time there aren't any further statements we can make.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.