Binding in Plane of Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Parts, May 16, 2016.

1. Jersey New Member

Yes please.

It's frustrating having to run a cleric there to rez and even worse having to lock up a cleric alt there in case of a death.
  2. phaeril Augur

Also, Peachy doesn't seem to spawn (on phinny), stopping the class armor quests dead.
  3. Parts Journeyman

If you can't change binding there, maybe you would consider opening the GD entrance as a compromise to not having bind there during the era it should be? Would be a workaround but a welcome one to get back if you die without safety nets in place to rez/CoH/run through ToV back.

A Dev replied and told me to cut down on the salt, lol, I can't help it, someones gotta be loud and push for this change to get noticed apparently, enough people care imo they just aren't as vocal, this thread is a good example though. I haven't played due to my own self-protest of this issue because I followed a guild through ToV to bind in PoM so I could go do other stuff and have been stuck in the zone because I can't get back easily if I leave without being bound there. My own choice but thats how much of a pain this being overlooked is to SOME people.

An issue tracker here, vote if you think it'll make a difference: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-880

Dev response quote
    Thanks
  4. Frags Journeyman

If modifying the zone would be challenging, they could always add a soulbinder.
  5. Nomos New Member

There's not enough mobs in PoM to accommodate the influx of players if zone is made easier to get to or bindable. At 51 players in zone, we did not spawn a new pick. This will be an issue.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

The soulbinder cannot bind you in an unbindable zone tho.

So that would do nothing
  7. Beastro Augur

Then it just needs to be load balanced on top of binding.
  8. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

This. Allowing people to bind here or providing access from Great Divide would cause more problems than it would solve honestly. The zone would become a total madhouse.
  9. Beastro Augur

Aww detecting all the AoS posters here, rather have the zone to themselves like the feel it rightfully belongs to than have ti bindable/load balanced.

QQ
  10. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Don't add the GD entrance (so the zone isnt completely flooded), but make it classic and allow casters to bind themselves in PoM.

On a side note, please leave it classic PoM forever...the revamp was completely awful
  11. Parts Journeyman

Its not in the notes, but you can bind here as of today's patch.

I shall be eating my words of bondage, with all the extra salt. I didn't have high hopes, lol. Thanks for checking it out.
  12. Ducreux Augur

Thurgadin users rejoice, no more random slaughters because people don't want to run through ToV!
  13. Aenoan Augur

Can we also bring back binding to Xegony's island in plane of air for pop while we're at it? I know at least one person from my old server who is still bound there. haha.