Terror in PoFear is seriously broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamboni, May 22, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Dread: Straight tank & spank. Use 3 SKs to rotate AOE + epic to grab adds and keep them locked down the adds despawn. The adds seem to spawn every 15 seconds and despawn after 30 seconds.

Fright: Use a 3-4 tank lineup to rotate and offset his charming. Use all melee DPS on Fright and all ranged DPS on Spectres. Spectres do not appear on extended target so it is beneficial to have Rangers on lookout who can fluster/bluster them away giving your ranged DPS enough time to kill them. The Spectres come random directions.

Terror: The totems spawn approximately every 15 seconds and proc 3 seconds thereafter and continue to proc until they despawn at the 30 second mark. I would suggest the raids time their movements and preemptively begin moving around the 13-14 second mark before the totems spawn - this way you are already moving and are not caught off guard. This will then open a window for you for at least 35 seconds of stationary DPS before the next cycle occurs and you have to move again.

Dracoliche: Pile up on him and use standard DPS. He is a belly caster so magic users will have to be right under him. He despawns at 75%, 50%, 25% respectively and spawns skeletal constructs. The constructs despawn after a certain amount of time, and whichever is left determines the power of the PBAE that hits everyone. Essentially, if anymore than 1 is left, you are dead. These constructs for the 75% & 50% waves need to have short burns done on them as you get 4 @ 75% and 5 at 50%. Do full burns on the adds at 25% because you will have 7 to deal with. Upon the final wave, just resume standard DPS.

Cazic-Thule: We haven't tried him yet, but know there is an instant DT mechanic for whoever the person initially aggros him.

Overall, if an event seems like it changes - it doesn't mean its broken, you just need to change your strategy and take time to learn it. Go over logs, etc. You all should probably make some GINA triggers using that information above. It will at least make the fights more tolerable.
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I have a GINA timer that lasts 45 seconds. It starts when I send myself a tell 'totem'. I have a hotkey to send myself the tell as soon as I see the first totem pop.

At 5 seconds remaining it gives a popup and says "totems soon". That way I know to run away.

Sometimes I still get feared but there was one time I avoided the totems the whole fight, and it was awesome. Wish I was a fearless class though. :p
  3. Gundolin Augur

How do you know where the totems will appear to run away ahead of time?
  4. Iila Augur

They spawn on top of random people. (Who have aggro on him?)

I've always just stayed away from anyone else, and been ready to hit blink if a totem spawns on me. I can't use group heals like that, but most of my group is fearless. And the ones that aren't always seem to get position bugged from the fear, so I can't heal them until they /q.
  5. Tevik Augur

I don't think that last part is accurate. Pretty sure they come from NE, NW, SE, and SW of Fright. However, due to pathing and the messiness of the terrain, they might appear to be coming in from random directions by the time they make it to him.
  6. Aghinem Augur

It is accurate; we have had them come from every direction and it was random. Originally we thought the same until one encounter in which we had 2 spectres coming out of the north, 1 from the southwest, and one from the east. This is why we had our Rangers BOLA (be on the look out).
  7. EnchFWO Augur

He only does that DT if there is other stuff up in the zone. When you finally have the zone clear that doesn't occur. At least, none of our pullers have ever eaten a DT from him when it was actually time to pull.

And again, to the people still saying the event is "broken" or whatever... if you are having issues with Terror then your raid needs to SPREAD OUT and your tanks need to learn how to move around. If you are getting feared 90%+ of the fight: it's you, not the event.
  8. Tevik Augur

I would argue this is probably due to zone geometry wherever you're trying to fight him, and you would see it become more normalized if you found a different spot.
  9. NoRedeem New Member

Any info on the Cazic fight? I can't find any discussion on this event
  10. Tour Augur

Immediately burn CT / first heart and the event is pretty much over.
  11. EnchFWO Augur

We setup by the ring of fire (west side between the zone wall and fire) and pull CT there. It's a large open area but there's nothing really special about it. You could pull him wherever you want probably.

Pull and then start to DPS CT. Sets of adds spawn (can't remember if it's % or time). Have Knights kite the sets of adds around away from the raid. Eventually CT falls over and an Embodiment of Fear and Heart will spawn. You must kill the Heart ASAP or bad things happen (you have like 30s or less to kill it, I can't remember right now). You will either kill it or it will depop. After the heart, kill the embodiment (it does not despawn like the Heart can). CT 'gets up' once the heart is gone as well. Repeat this process till dead. Kill adds. Wherever an add dies a goo pops that does damage (ie. move). The adds summon so if you kite them make sure people aren't damaging them. If you opt not to kite remember you'll have to keep moving the raid around.

Also note the Hearts are 'belly casters' and you absolutely must have people focused on them as soon as they pop - recommend a /target heart hotkey or something and then start burning.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff but that's the basics.
  12. Tanols Augur

Totems don't fear immediately upon spawn. If you play in third person ( scroll up and out a little, turn off player names and spell effects to remove screen clutter) you can easily see them spawn and move before they start fearing. Spreading out is a bad tactic if people move from one totem and run into aura of another a lot.
  13. EnchFWO Augur

It's not a bad tactic at all if people are moving with their eyes open. It's pretty easy to spot the totems.
  14. Tanols Augur

CT Gfluxes make sure people in melee range have levitate / Tanks have something behind them to stop them from getting tossed a mile.
  15. Tanols Augur

As my raid leader is so very fond of saying "Don't be casual, don't SUCK!"
    EnchFWO likes this.
  16. NoRedeem New Member

Thank you for the info. When the heart dies and embodiment of fear dies, does DPS go back to Cazic or kill adds then back to cazic until more adds pop then repeat?
  17. EnchFWO Augur

We just DPS CT and keep kiting adds as they pop and kill all of them at the end after CT is dead (the adds do not despawn so you have to kill them eventually). If you opt not to kite you'll have to do like you said and switch off onto them everytime I would imagine. They don't have much HP. The goo that pops in the spot they die is the annoying part.
  18. NoRedeem New Member

<3 Thank you!
  19. Flutegirl Journeyman

Did Fear 2nite

Didn't notice any difference on Terror tbh.

Our strat is basically everyone who is fearless be ontop/near Terror. Thats about 50% of the raid - so you have around 50% of the totems spawning at Terror. Everyone who can be feared just spread out around. We just keep Terror in same spot. It's a slow fight - but we got time :)

Thank you for the info on CT - we tried that 2nite also - 22% our best. Some interesting mechanics for dealing with the DT - but I think next time we return to fear we'll get it :)