Krono and Daybreak discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daislet, May 26, 2016.

1. Daislet Augur

This is my question.

Has Daybreak recently been creating platinium in order to buy up the /baz Krono?

It seems ridiculous to suggest it tbh.

I buy and sell Krono on my server. Over the last few weeks there has been a significant spike in the Krono price, from around 1.1mil-1.2mil to now 1.8mil + (the only sellers currently are 2mil).
    The volume of Krono for sale has declined rapidly.

/barter atm we see buyers at ~1.4mil. And this is the normal trickle of Krono entering that we generally see.

Somehow folks have utilised and removed a whole bunch of Krono from the servers.
    Last time I saw this to this level, it was when Lockjaw/Ragefire went live and during this period, a lot of Krono was sold and the plat prices increased.
    Apart from Quarm in the distant future , there is no reason for Krono prices to increase to the levels it currently is.

I also notice that the "auction" sites now have Krono for sale at around the $15 mark, which is pretty unheard of.

I'm interested to hear from other Krono sellers on their thoughts on why this sudden increase in price has happened.

Thanks.
  2. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Hum, Not being argumentative, just pointing out that your point may be a bit self serving.

On Bertoxx .... well there were /barter people buying at the 900K to 1.1M plat per Krono. I observed their buy quantities decrease in step to sellers qty's to sell at 1.7M plat.

Just my 2cp's that is a nice ..... plat increase, especially when you see high end bags and items costing 2M. That kind of plat differential sure does make it easier to maintain high prices. Come to think of it, I never did check to see if there were buyers for those high end items ......

Seems some may think there is ... what is the term ... mudflation of items vs plat.
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

Dupe was discovered, shut down, in eq2 I believe. Krono were artificially low because of that. Market is correcting.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Kravitz Augur

I just went on a buying spree across multiple servers, sorry gotta do something with 2 billion plat.:D
  5. Weverley Augur

I think also it's because of the krono scam in EQ2.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Siddar Augur

I was actually surprised Krono prices were as stable as they have been for the past year.

They have never adequately addressed the need for a large enough plat sink in EQ. The result is banked plat flowing into Krono as an inflation hedge. The only thing the seems to keep Krono prices stable is the presence of some fraudulent activity ether the credit card fraud of several years ago or the krono duping of recently.
  7. Daislet Augur

Dupe was months ago.

We are seeing a 30% (500k+) price rise in the last 2 weeks. That isn't inflation.

Krono is going to be 2mil each within a week at this rate. There is a limited supply of it available atm.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think you all forget Krono are account wide. People are buying up Krono on their home servers with their rich Mains so they can be prepared for Quarm. <--this is why they make all the special servers - this is how they double up on sub fees and digital transactions fees from players.

...and the more power to them if this is what keeps the game going. :)
  9. FixShamanPlease Elder

I started a thread months ago asking if DB have the right to do that and it was deleted quickly. To be honest I'm suspicious too.
  10. Numiko Augur

Radar X posted on a now locked thread just a few weeks ago in the TLP forums that they are aware of the scam and were working to fix it. .. if it started a few months ago it was still was active just a few weeks ago.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

People come up with new ways all the time.
  12. Flutegirl Journeyman

That was just a scam, not a duplication bug.