Rathe In Need of Merge Please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chawl;s Inchawj, May 26, 2016.

1. Chawl;s Inchawj New Member

My name is Nowrath, my home is Rathe, and the server has been going downhill for quite some time now. Most of us struggle to find groups, help with content is generally neither given, nor received if offered. For an MMO, that is not right. I do not want to have to transfer servers, when it is so obvious that we are in need of a merge. There are 4 guilds on the server that raid, LPW, FK, PR, and TSM. and usually they are stuck having to joint raid... Anyone working on pre-TBM and even some who are working on TBM have difficulty finding help for the content they enjoy. I post this message in hopes for consideration of a server merge, not just for Rathe, but for all servers whos population has declined severely since release of progression servers. Thank you.

Nowrath Toosmall
    Yimin and Xanaron_povar like this.
  2. Master_sheik New Member

I agree we are in great need of a merge, finding people to do absolutely anything is near impossible. If you want anything done you need to box it, I try to help people, logging off in baz with free pet kits, doing mgb buffs every couple hours, and tbm prog. and there isn't enough people who even show up. Groups? they don't currently exist, if people log on its to raid then immediately log off. There isn't any guilds to help with the exception of one, a single guild on the server that tries to get people to group but there just is a lack of people to do anything. I'm sure we are not the only server out there that is hurting for people either, they need to combine some of the servers and get the community flowing, Everquest is an mmo, as of this moment, until we merge EQ is a single player game. Progression servers only made this fact worse, i'm not saying to delete the prog. servers because people enjoy them, but we don't need a bunch of empty servers spread out, the game is old.
    Yimin likes this.
  3. segap Augur

I'm not going to say that merges are not needed, but I don't think they will solve the issue you want them to. The game has evolved in to a game of checking off boxes. Once those boxes are checked off, there's no need for anyone to do the content. You're not finding groups for progression tasks because most people finished them all off within a month of the expansion releasing. Many people did them multiple times the first month or two to help out friends and on alts. There is little reason for people to login to do those tasks now. This time of year is all about doing catch-up stuff that's on your personal list.
  4. Melanippe Augur

A merger wouldn't solve your problems, Chawls/Nowrath
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Mad Thaumaturgess New Member

Being on the same server as the above posters are. I agree with what they have to say. It is hard to find groups to do much of any thing now. Weekly, if not more often, we get cross-server requests from other guilds recruiting people of all classes. From that alone, I can infer other servers are having similar issues to the ones we are having, enough people to do much of any thing. I just hope a server occurs in the not to distant future. We need more people to do more things.

Heatherlie
    Yimin likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Your lack of ability to find groups has nothing to do with the population of your server. The actual problem you are facing is threefold. One, as others have said few people still need those tasks, so few people are doing them or want to do them. Two, again as was already stated people are off doing the older quests, challenges, and achievements that they are currently missing; this is doubly true with it being anniversary time. Three, the community in general does not do PUGs much anymore; they stick to the friends and guildies that they already have to do grinding, farming, and fun. You could add 5000 people to your server and it would not change your situation.
  7. Chawl;s Inchawj New Member

I could just lash out. instead. im done. enjoy Rathe while it burns away to ashes.
    Yimin likes this.
  8. Kaliko Augur

All the people saying low population isn't an issue obviously never see how empty tbm and other expansion zones are other than an occasional aug camper.
    Yimin likes this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, we just understand instances.
  10. segap Augur

I said it wasn't the reason for the stated issues. It's also not why you see base zones nearly empty most of the time. They've already said there will be no discussions until after they finish their backend work. I would not be surprised if they're targeting a merge of all standard rule live servers in to one single server sometime this fall.
  11. Daislet Augur

Merge Rathe, Erollisi-Marr and Bertox.

All three servers have PST/ Asian/Australasian based players, as well as the usual assortment of EST/CST.
    Yimin likes this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That's not going to happen anytime in the foreseeable future.
  13. Narye Augur

I'm on Rathe, I usually get groups...

Almost everyone I know - in my guild, is EST
  14. Yimin Augur

I started on Morel Thule , this was merged with E-Marr , I would love to return to my old server ....

Yi Min