Ragefire - early luclin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xendakine, May 22, 2016.

1. Xendakine New Member

Yeah i know this is probably a longshot but im gonna ask anyway.
    Could you please put up a vote on ragefire for faster expansion release?
    6 months in an old expansion is simply too long. People play to get a bit of nostalgia, not to get bored, and 6 months in a 15-16 year old expansion is silly.
    Can you please set up a vote for:
    *6 months - todays unlock
    *3 months
    Please so the paying customers can have a say in a proper vote, not an impossible to understand vote.
  2. SomethingWitty Augur

INC <<< go play on phinny >>> comments!!!
  3. Semah Augur

It's actually going to be 7.5 months. A periodic re-vote is of course a good idea, but it's hard to promote the idea on a public forum. Last thread got locked a few days ago because of inter-server/inter-guild trolling. :(
  4. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

5. Katrina2013 New Member

Since Lockjaw defeated Velious in 1/12the time as Ragefire can we have 1/12th the timer before Luclin unlock? Thanks FI!
    Nerf Herder likes this.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

See the post by Katrina2013, New Member of course. You didn't only reported the past, you foresaw the future. Makes you Madame Irma or a Prophet -which is more chic and more metaphysical than Madame Irma, I have to say-, my sincere congratulations :D
  7. Lardon Journeyman

Any word from the dev team about getting an early Luclin vote?

5 more months of Velious is too much, could we get a poll?

When do you want Luclin to be unlocked on Ragefire?

A - in 2 months
    B - in 3 months
    C - in 4 months
    D - in 5 months
  8. Varisath Elder

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...elease-on-ragefire.232669/page-3#post-3432959

Posted just 6 days ago by RadarX in almost literally the exact same thread (Early Luclin unlock thread).

Here's the important part if you're too bothered to read 2 lines of text:

"If an early vote is provided (there are no plans for one at this time) we'll absolutely let you know."

9. EQForumAcct Augur

Sure - only if Ragefire gets extra credit for dealing with all the bugs and waiting for fixes that LJ doesn't.

As such, RF will still get it before LJ.

Enjoy!
  10. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

If 5 months is too much, why are you including it as an option in your poll?
  11. Ishvah Elder

Probably because it should be a serverwide decision, not just theirs.... Le sigh... This isn't rocket science. It's not one persons decision, he (being a single person out of the at least 1,000 on the server) does not determine what server does and does not wan't, therefore he (again, being a single person out of the at least 1,000 on the server) includes the 5 month option for the people that may want the 5 months....
  12. Tunare Lorekeeper

Noooo! Lets add a couple months! lets make it a full 12!
  13. Extra Extra Lorekeeper

You mean like....what the entire population of the server voted for prior to launching, and then again in classic, and then again in kunark?
    Capacittor likes this.
  14. Lardon Journeyman

To be fair with everyone.

Thank you.
  15. yukan Augur

I came to Ragefire specifically because it had longer unlocks than Phinny, as did many others I know. Please leave it as is.
    Kattria Minx and Capacittor like this.
  16. Kattria Minx Augur

I want maximum nostalgia, just to get that out there, but to comment on the type of questions people want in any theoretical polls, please leave the choices to A or B. Every time there's more than 2 options, someone games the results to their advantage. DBG did this where they decided that the combination of 2 factions added up to more than one of the votes, and they split the difference, overcomplicating things with two different servers with different progression timelines, and this made nearly everyone unhappy and caused a lot of chaos within and without guilds.

I do think it's OK to revisit unlock options if content is cleared earlier than anticipated. How a person felt before Velious might be different from how they feel now, yanno? So, if there were going to be a poll to gauge interest in opening up Luclin early, just two options: open up the vote now, open it up at the six-month point as originally planned. That way it is very clear how many want early unlock and how many do not.
  17. Semah Augur

I think now vs. as-planned would be a choice between two bad options. 2 months of velious is too short; 7.5 months of any expansion is too long. #goldilocks