Ornamentation Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, May 21, 2016.

1. Eteract Journeyman

In this old thread (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/pottery-ornamentations-old-favorites.187298/) there was a request for input from players about what ornaments they'd like to see. I could not post to the thread to make a request so that brings me here to make a request for the Griffin Sword Ornament to be available through a tradeskill recipe.

Is this too late to engage? I realize an initial reaction to that would be "yes you idiot it is way too late", however, from the opening post in that ornament request thread above "keep in mind there may be some (like epics) we cannot or will choose not to do for various reasons." Iirc every iteration of epic weapon graphic became available. So there is a precedent.

I did not see anything in my search to indicate any formal mechanism for making requests like this. If this is addressed elsewhere any redirect is appreciated. Also if I am in the wrong forum please point to where I should post. Thank you!
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

Epic ornamentations were put in as quests that required any epic you were getting an ornament of to be completed, and you could only get the ornament of the epics for your class, not others. It wasn't a simple tradeskill universal thing like what that post is referring to. Further, that post refers to suggestions for the Relic Replicas tradeskilled one-use container ornaments that were made for Veil of Alaris and Rain of Fear (That post was from 2011, to get suggestions for graphics they'd use when VoA came out, they did it again for RoF I believe, or used left overs from VoA's thread). They stopped making them after that. As much as I'd like a return of them, it's been suggested I think in every expac beta since Call of the Forsaken and they still haven't been making any more of them. I'd guess Relic Replicas is just not gonna happen again. Likely in favor of the multi-use aug ornaments of old weapon graphics they were making and distributing during GM events.
  3. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

WTB GM event where the reward is Bulwark of Bravery ornamentation!
    Eteract likes this.
  4. Silentchaos Augur

+1,000,000

Eulogy too!
    Termination likes this.
  5. Hostility Elder

I think it would be cool if you could choose to stay with the graphic of an older weapon, but keep the stats from the newer one. Like say insert weapon B into weapon A. Get the stats from weapon A, but graphic of weapon B. Essentially make all weapons ornaments too.
    Eteract likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I want a parasol of firey beauty available to slap on whatever weapon I want.
    Best weapon look ever.
    Geri_Petrovna and Ssdar like this.
  7. Geri_Petrovna Augur

too late to ask for Scepter of Destruction weapon ornament?
  8. porky Augur

9. Feradach Augur

I'd like to see ornaments for all of the class-specific weapons from PoTime. I'd love to rock the Time's Antithesis look on my shaman again.
    Eteract likes this.
  10. Harmoneous New Member

I vote Smoldering Jagged Longsword and Sekv, Blade of Glacial Fury. Love those 2 weapons.Especially the Sekv
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I actually hope they don't make guide event ornaments like the Griffin Sword available through any other means, that will just make people never attend the events. And trust me, I wish I could get the Holy Sword ornament.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just wish we had guide events on AB.