Just noticed this

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Zizzle, May 11, 2016.

1. Zizzle New Member

from test update 5/9/16

- Druid & Shaman - Reduced the success rate of Covenant of Spirit.
    - Cleric - Reduced the success rate of Touch of the Divine.

no note about how much - any of you know how often it's ok for a healer to survive?
    I thought these were to give healers a chance to survive things that were one rounding us.

Y'all must have been staying alive much too often :confused:
  2. Roxxanna Augur

Because clerics are just too much fun to play, and are grossly overpopulated. They need nerfed so less people will roll them............seriously, it raining clerics up in this .
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Well before the nerf wasn't it a 75% fire? (Roughly, before the last nerf in 2015 you could get it 95 or 100%)
  4. Gundolin Augur

I don't even think I was getting it at a 50% rate. But there is No chance what so ever it was ever at 100%.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

Cleric tells you, "I wish my totd would stop firing so I could just die already. rest of raid wiped 2 minutes ago"
    Sheex and Gundolin like this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

You most certainly could get to 100% or very near with Second Life Tribute.

Maybe not clerics but shaman/druids could, thats why it was nerffed because people were going an soloing raid content (NTOV revamp at the time) by abusing it.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

So once again, other dumbasses are abusing the system and the rest of us pay.
  8. Clarisa Augur

This is the only information I could find on Touch of the Divine proc rate for clerics (from raidloot site):

16768 Touch of the Divine (22) 105 CLR 27 / 218 - 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 43%

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it never seemed like 75% to me.

I think a better solution would have been to add a blocker buff like Shroud of the Miracle, which is placed on a target who receives Quiet Miracle and prevents that target from receiving another QM until it expires:

[41050/41050] Shroud of the Miracle
    Classes: CLR/254
    Skill: Alteration
    Restriction: Cannot Remove
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    1: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is 'Buff Blocker C' and < 1000
    The shroud of the miracle hangs over you. You may not benefit from another miracle for up to %z.

This way, a priest could still get saved by Touch of the Divine/Covenant of Spirit at the current "high" rate but would be unable to receive it again until x amount of time has passed (10-15 min would be enough). That would prevent a priest from abusing the high proc rate to "solo" raid content unless the designers are worried about a damage shielded priest being able to kill a raid mob on a single Touch of the Divine proc. I guess a bunch of damage shielded priests abusing a single proc of Touch of the Divine each in a rotation could still kill the raid mob, but come on... The other concern might be that priests are getting saved too often and making content easier because we can just rez through everything. The blocker might not solve that, but with guild banners being placeable everywhere and rez tokens usable by all classes, I think that whole argument is irrelevant.

Some priests would see a Touch of the Divine blocker as a nerf, but I'd rather be saved by Touch of the Divine more often once an event than not be saved at all due to a lower proc rate.
    Roxxanna likes this.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

That's a pretty good idea. That also solves the "I'm trying to die but my DI keeps proc'ng" thing.
  10. Gundolin Augur

43% seems more in line with what I was seeing.
  11. mackal Augur

Hey! It's nice for leveling up your defensive skills :p
  12. Arcolin New Member

13. Clarisa Augur

The insta-gate items are nice and accomplish the same thing (escaping death), but aren't quite as convenient as a divine save because you have to port or run back instead of just removing Touch of the Divine when it's safe. There's also judgement involved with a gate -- unless your raid leader calls for everyone to leave the zone, you have to decide whether it's a situation where you'd actually die and if you're wrong you just left your group without a healer and took yourself out of the action for nothing. A divine save doesn't require any judgement, it just happens if you were certain to die (or at least had a high chance to) and the RNG was with you.

Unfortunately, unless someone is willing to die a bunch of times to test it (what would a good sample size be, I wonder?) or Dzarn is nice enough to tell us what the exact success rate is now, we'll never know how often we'll be saved :( I suppose it doesn't matter in the end since no one really relied on being saved, though I still feel there was a better way to prevent abuse without reducing the success rate significantly (if it was).
  14. Ravengloome Augur

The thing is... they already fixed the soloing of raid content last year (maybe 2 now? memory bad) when they nerfed it for the first time (and it was irrelevant content at that)

I am sure they have a good reason (and probably tying up a loophole i cant think of using TOTD).

Personally i never liked TOTD, and thought it made more sense if it was a Divine Intervention type heal to full + a rune or a ward type vie for a short period of time that absorbed damage at a high %.

But there were def some fun things that could be done with TOTD (and probably why its nerfed.. AGAIN)
  15. Gundolin Augur

Now that the nerf has been out for awhile has anyone run %'s for TOTD to trigger while running second life tribute?
  16. Clarisa Augur

The description for the Touch of the Divine AA (22 ranks) states:

"This passive ability increases your chance to return to life with the blessing 'Touch of the Divine' when you would otherwise die by 1% per rank"

I think the description was recently changed as I don't remember it noting the same % increase for each rank and raidloot.com had the following progression listed for the ranks:

962 Touch of the Divine (1) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 2%
    963 Touch of the Divine (2) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 4%
    964 Touch of the Divine (3) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 6%
    965 Touch of the Divine (4) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 8%
    966 Touch of the Divine (5) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 10%
    6223 Touch of the Divine (6) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 11%
    6224 Touch of the Divine (7) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 12%
    6225 Touch of the Divine (8) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 13%
    6226 Touch of the Divine (9) 1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 14%
    6227 Touch of the Divine (10)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 15%
    10361 Touch of the Divine (11)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 17%
    10362 Touch of the Divine (12)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 19%
    10363 Touch of the Divine (13)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 21%
    14218 Touch of the Divine (14)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 23%
    14219 Touch of the Divine (15)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 25%
    14220 Touch of the Divine (16)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 27%
    15311 Touch of the Divine (17)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 31%
    15312 Touch of the Divine (18)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 35%
    15313 Touch of the Divine (19)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 40%
    16766 Touch of the Divine (20)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 41%
    16767 Touch of the Divine (21)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 42%
    16768 Touch of the Divine (22)1: Increase Chance to Trigger Divine Intervention by 43%

So either the first part of the description was left out or the AA dev changed it so each rank just gives 1%, so the proc rate is just 22% now.

I tried testing it by attempting to die 10 times (not a great sample size, I know, but I don't have the patience to die 100 times) and got:

1 - proc
    2 - proc
    3 - proc
    4 - dead
    5 - dead
    6 - dead
    7 - dead
    8 - proc
    9 - dead
    10 - dead

for 40% but given a larger sample size I bet it would probably end up being around 20%.

I am not sure how tribute adds to it as I am too lazy to use tribute but maybe someone else can try dying 10 times (or more!) and see if their proc rate is better with it?
    Gundolin likes this.