Ranger - Squall of Blades (101)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Orthodox, May 2, 2016.

1. Orthodox New Member

Why is there still no focused (single target) version of this spell? Do we just have to wait until the next level cap increase expansion, and hope they include both the AE (lvl 106) and single target (lvl 108) variant?
  2. Raptour_MT Elder

I really thought we were going to get a Focused version of Squall in TBM, similar to what happened with CoTF.
  3. Wayylon Augur

Was wondering the same thing, why no focused? They must have forgot.
  4. Orthodox New Member

5. Raptour_MT Elder

Honestly though, I am not too worried about it. We will probably get a version in the new expansion in the fall. Just make sure to keep up on the spell lists during Beta.
  6. Tadenea Augur

this was brought up during beta few expansions ago, which according to Aristo it was intended I believe he mention that our dps was good enough without it. Unless Aristo changes his mind
  7. Orthodox New Member

It seems like less of an issue about dps, and more of a development oversight. Why was the line continued at all into TBM? Using Squall of Blades Rk. III regardless of ae consequences already results in a dps gain. Based on the lvl 96 and 98 "storm" line, both the focused and ae versions of squall would have the exact same attack coefficient.

I'm just looking for some consistency to something that appears to have been neglected or disregarded. Remove Squall of Blades (101) entirely, or added a focused version at 103.
  8. Schadenfreude Augur

Yeah how about no.
  9. Orthodox New Member

So based on the logic applied in this thread, you don't want a focused version added because "our dps is good enough without it," but you don't want to lose the ae version because our dps isn't good enough without it?

Brilliant.
  10. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Pretty sure Schaden didn't say anything about a focused version, keeping or losing it. Sounds like he, and on that note, I too, just don't feel we should lose our current AE melee disc just because it's not following the previous expansion lines of having one focused, and one AE version.

We get shafted as it is a lot of the time, it's not right to lose what we do have because of something we don't. Honestly, and this is just my opinion, that's our only AE ability that's worth anything in a raid situation. Cyclone and Rain of Arrows line have too long of a cast timer, not to mention they're on the same recast timer as Focused Arrows.

On a side note, hey look we're going to get dot upgrades next patch, lolz.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

A focused version won't be added until the next expansion. The assembled community weren't able to get it added during the time when changes from feedback were technically possible so I'm completely baffled as to why you think your lone crusade many months later is going to work.

Your logic for taking away an existing ability which is a reasonable DPS boost and usable a fair proportion of the time is truly bizarre. Feel free to use the older single target version if the existence of the AoE is causing you to be triggered in some fashion.
  12. Orthodox New Member

I wasn't trying to single anyone out, just looking for some consistency in design.

Is this in writing somewhere? Doesn't seem to be anything stopping the oversight happening again. This isn't a monumental change though, and it seems very reasonable to implement. Better late than not at all.

Based on the liberal mindset displayed by the assembled community in this thread, I understand why the change wasn't made. I will continue my lone crusade though, and you can continue to be baffled.
    Wayylon likes this.
  13. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Schadenfreude likes this.
  14. Orthodox New Member

Thanks for taking the time to dig that up. Looks like you enjoy beating the horse too. Some quotes from the thread:

Evidently that wishful thinking never resulted in anything, which isn't surprising.

Seems like a bad assumption, since it didn't help last time. Better a late change than none at all.

You can take your condescending, do-nothing attitude back to the couch with your bag of Cheetos. Good day.
  15. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

You asked if there was anything already in writing about this, so I replied. As was also mentioned, there was a thread about it in the Beta Ranger Spell forum when TDS was in Beta, those are just the post-Beta highlights about it. If memory serves it was also brought up in the Live chat with Elidroth, where we were told then, too.. "no".

I was there, and not being condescending and having a 'do-nothing' attitude. If you want to try to revive the topic, and change the minds of the developers singularly where collectively we could not, like I said, carry on.

As I did in the last thread where you wanted to take every response as some sort of personal jab at you, and counter for no reason with some bigoted response... I'm not wasting my time anymore :cool:.
  16. Eruesso Lorekeeper

Why say something like just take away Squall if you can't give us focused....consistency or not that makes no sense and if you've played this game long enough you don't want to put bad ideas into a devs head, they might just come true. I'd rather get another Smackafool of Blades next expansion without a focused then get nothing at all but yes we do need a focused too and should ask for it when the time is right.
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

Sound like a good time to start in on this to me.
    We are <6 months from November - new expac has to be in full development.
    -W