Damn ... Phinny down AGAIN??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SlickRick, May 11, 2016.

1. SlickRick New Member

Something needs to be done about Phinny's lag/crashes -- I have lost count of the number of rollbacks. Now once again, it crashes while my group is in Juggs, that's going to be hours of exp down the tubes.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!
    Blandino likes this.
  2. Blandino New Member

Sounds like a good time for a break.
  3. gugabuba New Member

Yeah pretty ridiculous they can't keep the server up. Not only do you lose the exp but it is back to LFGing when no one logs back in. Ruins my night, basically. Shouldn't this be stable by now? The server isn't exactly new at this point.
  4. Quasimojo Elder

TLP's are the potato clocks of EverQuest. Sure, they work, but they're ugly, cobbled together from spare parts and prone to failure.
  5. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Powered by Gerbils, 17 years later and this has not changed! All new servers are powered by Gerbils!
  6. Weverley Augur

I wonder how close to full capacity Phinny is at night.Could u imagine queue at logins.
  7. Lonye Augur

Sounds like someone might be crashing the server on purpose, if it's that frequent.
  8. Weverley Augur

Remember how often ragefire was crashing when the population was high.Could be samething here.
    There is so much they can do if that the case.Now would be a good idea to have somebody checking at prime time to see how many people playing on phinny.
  9. BulletCatcher Journeyman

I'd recommend camping out at regular intervals (akin to saving a document i guess) just to be sure your progress is saved. What else could we do until they correct this issue?
  10. Lanadas Journeyman

I played from about 6:30ish central to 9:00 PM central with no lag or crashes. I guess I got lucky.
  11. Happyfeet GOML Journeyman

[IMG]
  12. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

13. Kiani Augur

When this happened on RF, the chat channels were first to go, is this the case here too?
  14. Quasimojo Elder

Isn't everyone rolled back to the same point in time, whether they had camped every minute or not at all?
  15. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Depends on the way it is done. A manual Rollback is rolled to a specific server image (those are probably done like daily) A crash/resulting roll back, will roll back characters to the last point they were written to disk, which seems to be upon zoning/camping out.
  16. Kiani Augur

Someone said that dropping something on the ground saves your character, which is why it works for key zones - when you click on the zone the first time, it won't let you in, but if you zone or camp, or drop an item on the ground, it works. I wonder if this would work too?
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I was playing four at the time of the crash. Two of the four were in one location, the other two were in separate locations a short distance away. Apparently it is something along the lines of "roll back to the last save before this time..."
  18. Weverley Augur

From previous rollback it seems not everybody is roll for the same length of time so could be that they revert each character to last time it was save.