Overdrive Punch vs Boon of the Seeress

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Coruth, May 11, 2016.

1. Coruth Augur

So which belt effect adds more DPS do you think to a Ranger?
  2. Brohg Augur

Boon of the Seeress, by a lot.
  3. Gumby Augur

Been wondering that myself. Never really seen a parse to prove one way or the other though.
  4. SneakyFast Journeyman

To reinforce this, "a lot" is an understatement. Boon works on every proc; at least for Rogues it does. When I tested the Punch, it was around 10 proc's a minute @ 1000 dmg a proc. Boon adds 500 damage to every proc no matter how large the proc is.

Count the number of proc'ing abilities/attacks you have and I might have missed some.

2x weapon proc
    0-2x Aug proc
    Devastating Swords proc's // Envenomed blades(Rogues)
    illusion proc (Night's Endless Terror)
    Nimbus (Arachnophobia)
    Poison proc (spider's bite/Rogue poisons)

and buffs that others give you:
    3(?) bard songs that provide proc's
    Shaman one as well

Boon is drastically better. I would have to go look at some logs but the total amount of proc's dwarf the 1 proc that the overdrive punch belt will provide. To keep this in perspective though, either belt will not drastically change your damage output as proc's should be a small % of your total damage.
  5. MrMajestykx Augur

Boon ftw, its not even remotely close. I had BOTH belts from last expansion cuz I had nothing better to do with currency and such and parsed them both some time ago.

Again, its not even close. If you made the mistake as a melee class and got the OD belt, rethink your position and forget your wonton spending on it and go get the Boon belt.