Radiant Crystals and Ebon Crystals

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Unjustified, May 7, 2016.

1. Unjustified New Member

Are these still necessary as alt currency on our inventory window? Who the heck do ya have to nudge around here to maybe, I don't know, have it for the latest non raid currency from the last 2 expansions or just eliminate it from our inventory window all together.
    Wayylon and RPoo like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are a few of us who still do the DON'S for the weapon augs you can get with those crystals. Just like the LDON's are still being done for some of those augs. While it is cluttering up the main screen maybe they could be moved to the alt currency screen like the chronobines (that are also still being used). Remember just cause you don't use it doesn't mean the rest of the people in the game don't either. One man's junk is another man's treasure. :)
    Wayylon, Aghinem and Fanra like this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's a decent amount of work for no real gain. If they really annoy you that much, use a custom UI that removes them or moves them to the alt currency tab.
  4. Geri_Petrovna Augur

if they could be moved to the Alt currency tab, instead of the main Inventory tab, that would be awesome. less clutter.

/edit would be 10 mins work for an intern, and perhaps an hour testing. so, total cost to Daybreak about 20 bucks.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Except it wouldn't be because DoN currency and LDoN currency predate the alt currency system by several years and thus are both stored in completely different and incompatible ways. Converting them over isn't as simple as you think. It would require changing everything that involves them in any capacity to use the newer system.

Is it a -huge- amount of work? No, but does it add any real benefit to the game whatsoever to spend time and money to change something that works just fine as-is? Not really. It is on their list of things to do though.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Quatr like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Thought this was brought up before? Maybe someone can dig it up if so.

I also agree it would be nice to move those to the alt currency tab but not a game breaker.

Didn't they say something last time this was brought up like it would require a complete redo on the inventory window because the way it was built in for those currencies? Kinda like it was hard coded in or something?

Then again we have different people working on things and several things that we have been told were not possible in the past have been produced and given to us.
  7. Riou EQResource

Remove them and add like 4 more bag slots to make up for the missing space :p :p :p :p
    Orbital101, RPoo, Warpeace and 3 others like this.
  8. Tobin Augur

9. Aghinem Augur

Of all the things to complain about, we are really now bringing up the radiant and ebon crystal space in the inventory window? The little tiny area it takes up which is honestly of no consequence?

My God...
    roguerunner, Viper1 and CatsPaws like this.
  10. Tobin Augur

The OP might not have known that this was solved in a EQInterface mod - so don't get upset just let them know about the interface mod and be done with it. :)
  11. JustAQuestion Elder

I know it is an old thread, but a good request.
    Would be nice if you could release this feature before Dragon of Norrath pops on Phinigel, Ragefire or Lockjaw.
    EQInterface is a nice alternative, but would be nice to see it fixed by DBG, cuz of all the UI changes in the last month which outdate alot UI mods.

Support the Issue https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-862
  12. Randragon Augur

I suggested moving those to the alt currency list and utilize that space as a quiver/bandoleer space opn the UI. As Rangers it sucks I have to use an inventory space for a quiver that is useless for anything other than archery haste. Maybe make it so that 'new' inventory slot has value such as the archery haste or a quest/tradeskill item for lowering cast time even more etc etc. Make it a really involved quest for an item such as that to put in that space.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Just a note: It's hard to support dev time for something this trivial (and it really is). However, you do mention custom UIs. I stick with one of the more popular ones, and they're usually pretty good about getting things updated quickly. Maybe check out a different one.

The other thing I would mention, if you have a favorite UI (or, actually, you can just edit DBGs UI pieces in place, just make a backup copy first!), just take a look at the file, and you'd be surprised how easy it is to make simple changes like this.

In fact, I just looked at the file (EQUI_Inventory.xml), and it was easy to find the couple places where Radiant and Ebon are mentioned, and it would be very easy to just edit out those lines/sections and remove it.

Tat
  14. Nolrog Augur

There is absolutely no reason for a developer to spend even 5 minutes on this. It adds no value what so ever.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Brohg Augur

just shifting the display to the currency tab by default, as the player mods do, would shoot down these threads for good. that's the trivial dev move
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Angahran Augur

Have an intern move them to the currency tab. take about 5 minutes.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Are you sure?
  18. bbanz Elder

If an eq interface mod can move them to the Currency tab, the devs can make it default.
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Good point.
  20. Angahran Augur

I've done it on my UI.