Is it possible to 3 box the anniversary task for the shimmering black pearl for?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DerangedRanger, May 1, 2016.

1. DerangedRanger Elder

I have a level 86 ranger, warrior, shaman box and really want to get this aug before the anniversary is over. Is this a doable box task or would I be wasting my time. Any tips or tricks or pertinent information would be welcome as well.

Thanks!
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Yes at lvl 105, this Task is trivial to box. At your toons levels of 86 ranger, warrior, shaman it is not.
  3. DerangedRanger Elder

Even tho it's a HA and should scale down? This is a real bummer I was hoping to not have to wait another year for this aug
  4. Iila Augur

I easily boxed this task with my L100 SK last year. Almost all of the mobs in the instance can be snared, and don't summon. Since there's no time restriction on the task, that means it's eventually beatable by anyone willing to spend enough time on it.
  5. Stomped Journeyman

I think that just makes you a masochist, albeit an accomplished one.
  6. Zamiam Augur

what server you on if bertox i can help you if you need .. takes me about 2 hours to solo with my necro 3 tops .. send layya an in-game email and when i can i'll help ya out.. im off mon tues
  7. Hostility Elder

Yeah what server are you on?
  8. DerangedRanger Elder

I'm on bristlebane server. Would gladly take some help but as long as it scales down to my level I'm game for a good fight too. Thanks if anyone is willing to help tho.
  9. DerangedRanger Elder

Just thought I'd update for anyone who was curious. Was able to box this mission today with out much trouble at level 86 with a warrior ranger shaman set up.
  10. Zamiam Augur

did you get your pearl ? if so grats ..
  11. Stomped Journeyman

Strategy? Only snare I have is pet reliant (pet proc at that) and often it immediately rips agro. Can't tank the mobs and the J5's can't handle em, they get rounded.

Nevermind, charm OP.
  12. DerangedRanger Elder

My strat was really simple, just pulled with the ranger and killed all the mobs needed. Even the bosses were not much problem. On the last boss i did end up snare/bow kiting him to keep him out of the orange ring but I would imagine just tanking him and moving him would be just as easy.

Yes I got my pearl! Going to get 2 more for my other guys as well.
  13. Apoc Augur

I soloed this last year on my max level wizard so it should be.