Class Need - Your Experience?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheex, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Conjurous_AB Elder

For our guild on AB (we have completed TBM), we lack zerkers, shammy and high attendance druids. We have alot of rangers (8) and wizards (9).
  2. Geri_Petrovna Augur

BB (Tribunal) - Seems to lack Clerics, Bards, - and we're drowning in Magicians, Rangers, and have a lot of Monks.
  3. Kamea Augur

Beyond class need.... it's hard to find non-cleric Guktans.
  4. Bamboompow Augur

Too many: Rangers. Badly played mages. Badly played knights.

Too few: Bards. Zerkers. Melee adps support in general, which leads to pure melee quitting.
  5. Bahdah Augur

Quitters !
  6. Stomped Journeyman

Even amazing bards get burned out, class simply isn't fun. You don't get to compete on damage and the damage augmentation you provide is never truly appreciated (from spell focus to melee they are the best) - Great enchanters are probably 1 in 1000 from my experience and I don't mean a person that can mez extended target, I mean getting legitimately carried through current content by 1 person playing 1 character.

Well played beast/rangers are always entertaining, they can dumpster any class in the game given the right circumstances (ya even wizard).

Good tanks are hard to find, and I mean REALLY good tanks. People that save raids 10 or 15 times a night and organize everyone else without ever really asking for or expecting anything.

People in general open to improving are in dire supply, most people think they have the game locked and stopped caring 15 years ago. There's more than one above this post alone.
    Annastasya likes this.
  7. Annastasya Augur

Bards

Warriors and Clerics - if you have ~6 solid to great of both these classes then you have an exceptional foundation to most events. When numbers dip low on either of these classes you just lose the basic dynamics to the game- control of damage to players.

Enchanters - There are many events where your chanter crew can make or break your chances of success. Their mistakes are typically amplified to catastrophe.

As has been noted, dps classes are relatively interchangable, with many exceptions depending on event and current balance. However your guild's dps performance as a whole will impact greatly how smooth and quickly your raiding goes and your superstars are fairly easy to locate.

In my experience hybrids and pure casters have been over represented historically, especially pet classes and knights, and the typical quality is low for reasons previously discussed.
  8. Makavien Augur

Lacks on FV for the last like 5 years- High attendance and Well played Zerkers / Paladins/Bards/ Beastlords
    Atm there are more bards than normal but for about 4 years we were lucky to have 2.