Who still uses the old chracter models !

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uaneldar, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Uaneldar New Member

Hey,

I was just wondering how many of you use the old character models ?

Uaneldar on Bristlebane
  2. Kattria Minx Augur

I do most of the time. I really dislike most of the new models. And I hate that you have to use the new models to use mounts.
    MonkyBusiness, Uaneldar and Reht like this.
  3. Uaneldar New Member

Ah, I did not know this. I started playing about 15 years ago just after EverQuest released The Ruins of Kunark and am just getting back to the game now.

Its not that i dislike the new models (inkies look almost the same) Ogres, lol, huge difference.I do however like the older ones alot better. I switched to the old models after zoning into Castle Mistmoore and needed that old familiarity
  4. Riou EQResource

I still use all old models, if you are a Human you can still use mounts.

This has made me roll Human as race more often for classes I play or just do without a mount on it :p
  5. Questoften32 Augur

What new models? I am currently playing and they look about the same unless in the last few days....?
  6. Vrinda Augur

I use almost exclusively original models. Some of the Luclin/new models don't look so bad standing still, but when they start to move ... OMG!
  7. Perplexed Augur

I use the original models, they just look better to me.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't use old character models but I still use the old spell icons. Could never figure out what was what with the new ones :)
  9. Ravengloome Augur

I have never used Luclin models. Halfling Female swinging 2hander animation with original models too good to give up. Literally swing that around my head every swing. You can't buy entertainment like that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Uaneldar like this.
  10. Kamea Augur

Old models look out of place in newer zones since the graphics of EQ have greatly improved. The luclin models are closer to the graphical fidelity of modern EQ.

I understand why people who've been playing EQ for 17 years like the old models, that's what they're used to. As someone that started EQ where Luclin was the default choice (for most race/gender combos at least), I never had a problem with them. Although since I was used to old models for ogres and trolls, it took me awhile to change on those.

What was the real wasted opportunity in EQ was hero's forge. I would've loved an update to armor graphics, but the aesthetics of the armor sets are absolutely out of place for EQ. So, I keep new armor graphics off.
    Uaneldar likes this.
  11. Alundis New Member

I use all the old models. With an amulet of necropotence, you can illusion into a skeleton and mount up if your character is rendered with an old model, even if it's not human. The new troll and ogre models aren't huge enough for my tastes.
    Uaneldar likes this.
  12. Klak Augur

All old models. I love my DE mask on my shm. Gotta go with old DE.
  13. Ryanxp Augur

Some..

Troll, Ogre, Hobbit and Iksar. For the most part, I really like the detail in the new models. But the old world Troll model, old world Ogre model, and old world Iksar models are timeless to me.
  14. Xikteny Augur

I switched back to the original models in an effort to reduce my extremely common crashes-while-zoning (this nearly eliminated my crashing for what it's worth).

Since going back to said models, I have to admit that I kinda like them. They have more... charming animation.