Could we change the location of CR origin spell? uhg

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hinastorm, May 7, 2013.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

They need to add a quest in Cresent reach.
    Single new npc or use one alrleady made.
    The npc would look for a speicific No-drop item for the city they wish to change to and if given that item would submit a e-mail request to change the origin city for that char.
    No new items- plus
    each city should have a No-drop item (i hope)- the idea is that the toon must visit the city they want to change to and get the item.
  2. Uaneldar New Member

Yes, Crescent reach is not my 'starting city' and i havent even decided to do any quests there and i am currently lvl 14. In fact, the KoS NPC's that i see all over Norrath make it perfectly clear that Crescent reach is not my starting city :)
  3. Funk Augur

It literally takes less than a minute to run from CR origin point to Blightfire and then 5 seconds over to click the book to PoK.

WOW you people are spoiled.....It's called Origin for a simple reason, it takes you to the origin of your character. When you started in CR where did you start? In that exact same place!

But but but.....I pay for this game! I'm entitled!......Yeah? Well buy a mount Mr. or Mrs. Entitled Player you'll run faster.
  4. Viper1 Augur

There is no need to change the origin ability when we have easily attainable PoK gate clickies.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Siddar Augur

6. Kezik Lorekeeper

You can use the priest of discord to zone to draniks. Then again to go strait to pok
  7. Dre. Altoholic

[IMG]
    Kohnn and Iila like this.
  8. Tvarian Augur

Some of my older characters are set with their home city not being CR. Most of my characters are not gating classes either, so just having an Origin button is nice. I do think that it could be tweaked a bit. My DE SK ends up in 3rd Gate, which is a pain to run to the PoK book from there. I hardly ever use origin on this character because of that. I think that Origin should bring you back to where the binder NPC is located in the starting cities. So, for DEs that should be, iirc, in Neriak Commons, close to the forest zoneline. Still have to run 3/4 of the way through the forest, but that's not bad. I prefer having my toons origin to their "true" home city, but 3rd Gate is just a pain. I normally use guild anchors, throne AA, and sometimes the binden concertia before I use Origin.

Then again, Origin to CR isn't that bad if going to do a DH HA, running through Bixie Warfront and ETWK portals.
  9. Zamiam Augur

there are many gate clickies that can get you to Pok or very close .. binden concertia, the Anniv Stein, brick of knowledge, CR clicky(claim, I know some peeps dont/cant get this), OT hammer, throne of heroes (veteran claim again i know only avail to certain peeps), prim & sec anchors, gate potions, the Ethenere potion , and prolly few more im forgetting ..
  10. Uaneldar New Member

Im not complaining (clearly), i just found it odd when it sent me to Crescent Reach, especially after it said starting city.
  11. Tobin Augur

Origin going to POK would be very convenient for many characters. I suggest that the location for their porting into POK be in front of their home city portal for there race. A long and complex quest to change origin to this point could be fun and demanding of skill. The game is called EverQuest, so we need a complex quest for this task. In addition, I don't think low-level characters should be able to change their origin point until they reach at least level 85.

That's just my 2 cp opinion.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Since when? When OoW came out the Head PoD in Dranik's Scar would always port you back to wherever you ported into DS from last. Did they change it to always being back to PoK?
  13. Brudal Augur

Since the addition of Crescent Reach, but it is the only point of origin you can't return to instead sending you to knowledge.
  14. Kravitz Augur

We don't need Origin changed, but two new AA abilities that gate you to PoK and Guild Lobby, preferably with a cooldown timer similar to Origin.
  15. Zamiam Augur

gate you to pok = soulbinder + gate potions or http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72354 ..
    Guild lobby portal hmm tough one .. vet aa throne of heroes or prim or secondary anchor device with one set in your guild hall then just click door to guild lobby ? or wait soulbinder in GL then just gate potion there .. then your just a zone click away from pok ..
  16. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Slippery slope argument... I want MY city of origin to be Sul Vius, Demiplane of life. - Right next to the mayor would be great :D