Make 17th Raid Permanent

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by beeroke, Apr 6, 2016.

1. KaoK Lorekeeper

Was the Naggy raid implemented when new content was a rare premium in EQ? My memory may be failing here.

No one is complaining about the Naggy aug now b/c they added an equivalent to PoWar multi-groupable events and also in TBM from a trivial named.

I think the bigger point is that their resources have been cut significantly and that time devoted to creating an event for ONLY 6 weeks is a waste when we have a bazillion other things that would have benefited from said dev time on other issues.

I don't have a problem with temporary content but when it's only for 6 weeks... that's stupid. It's that simple. For mid-tier guilds it takes a couple weeks to even get the strat down to win so then there are maybe 3 - 4 weeks of possible loots and assuming you can get the people, about 2 runs per week. If you don't cheez, it's significantly harder than Naggy (which isn't an anniversary event btw) but MUCH easier than PoWar.

If they were smart about it, the top 5 would have complained how hard it was so that it got made permanent like PoWar did so they could farm augs the next 7 months in addition to Enslaver :D

Also, discounting grouper rewards [and let's exclude the stupid HF set] is a big mistake. Most raiders fail to realize that they are not the majority (and never will be). Pissing off the groupers will lead to more sub lapses than temporary raid content.

However, on the note of relevant grouper content rewards, please see the 16th anniversary quests.
    Agrippa likes this.
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

Wait, What? I was led to believe its everything has been fixed. How, exactly, are they cheesing it?
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You can still walk right out of the room and avoid the Mist debuff instead of blocking it. Which, while cheesy, is still sometimes necessary because the safe bubble-auras spawn outside of player accessible areas. And then there's that stupid spammy stun-aura to avoid, too.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  4. Repthor Augur

i dont think it should stay permament but i however feel it should stay up for the entire anni festivitys rather then ending in april
    Zeiss, Axxius and KaoK like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Add me to the make it permanent list so we don't have to do this stupid raid every 3 days - it can move to once a week and be more pallet-able.

Can you guys design raids people enjoy again? This raid is the opposite of that.
    KaoK likes this.
  6. KaoK Lorekeeper

Temporary content would probably be acceptable if it was tuned/working properly during the limited time period it was available (which is still too short of a time given the dev time involved in making the event).
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

While I agree the 17th content was beyond disgusting (much like TBM), there's far more pressing things to be arguing over than who does and doesn't get an Aug with some numbers on it. If you got it you earned it, if you didn't then you didn't. This is coming from someone who doesn't have it and certainly never will. If you don't do content as hard (or worse) than Hate's Fury, then you don't need the Aug. Even if you DO you don't NEED the Aug. Stop being entitled.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

I wouldn't mind if they extended the raid until the anniversary events were all done, that way everyone has a good chance at getting an aug, those who can farm the event, plus the chase loot type weapons/shields.

Those who can't farm it - Are you having issues with DPS? Timing the auras? Getting the mini's down? I mean what exactly is the issue and maybe some of us could add input on things you can try?

It doesn't do you any good to come here and cry and whine about how you didn't get something you wanted, even though you dunno what that something even might have been. And for those who want to say there's always been something for the group only players, that's a lie. There hasn't always been a mission where you can get an aug that's beneficial for you, shoot sometimes it was just fire work clickies!

They did add the gnome race, which you seem to dismiss, that took time and the ornaments are great! If you don't like the way they look, they sell pretty nice...I've made a few million plat off them already, not to mention the exp bonus we had was amazing, but you group players dismiss all of that because you weren't handed out a shiny...

To the raiders who can't beat this, lets figure it out? To the casuals who want a hand out, I'm sorry, not this year?
  9. Roxxanna Augur

I love it when they say hand out, like none of us have ever worked for anything. Just sign us all up for EQ-stamps.

Live is starting to echo the TLPs, keep it up, I'm sure it will go well.
  10. Cicelee Augur

I have known some raiders in the past who only show up, contribute a bare minimum, and receive raid loot. Talk about getting hand outs...

I have known some "casuals" who invest a lot more time in their character and work harder than some raiders in high end guilds.

Let's not all lump people into the raider or casual bucket. There is quite a bit of splashing between the two...
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel, Brohg and Xanathol like this.
  11. Klak Augur

I get raid loot and I barely play except for raids for the last 6 years. sup sup
  12. Leex Pewpewer

Well it's a shame you're in a guild who lets people play the bare minimum and get loot, most high end guilds have a performance policy which helps avoid those situations.

As for casuals, I really just mean pure groupers. Unfortunately Deybreakgames made some of the best items in game and felt that only those who have the means to obtain them will.

I'm not saying this was right, but those asking for the augs to be obtainable by other means besides completing the raid are out of luck, and if they do wish that, it would be a hand out compared to what the raiders had to go through to get it..If that offends anyone, take it how you will.
    Faerie likes this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Not sure where I said it was my current guild about poor performers getting a pass. I guess congratulations on assumptions and putting words into my mouth? Makes you look like a you-know-what, but I digress.

I did say in the past there have been guilds with poor performers getting hand outs. And I am quite sure there are members of every guild who are sub standard and getting "hand outs". Maybe not. Maybe. I don't know every guild's roster and talent and skill to make that absolute paintbrush stroke.
    Xanathol and Faerie like this.
  14. Kobrah Augur

I'm pretty sure klak is playing wow during raids .... but u could probably do well with 2 expansion old equip ( maybe tanks be the exception ) based on how raids are atm
  15. Faerie Journeyman

Right? Who's going to benefit by extending it? Raiders. It's not as if filthy casuals are suddenly going to be able to do it.
    Leex likes this.
  16. Klak Augur

WoW and/or blade and soul.
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

lol how in the name of ZEUS does anyone think the augs will be outdated, and as soon as next year? REALLY??? like people still dont want/ wear the red dragon scale aug from one raid? the POW augs? seriously?? lets try that line of thinking again.