Cool dungeons and little visited places to see

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ravengloome, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Ravengloome Augur

Any suggestions? Been spending time in Runnyeye. The people I group with are mid teens ATM and we are looking for some suggestions off the beaten path (UR/guk no thanks)
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

try out crypt of dalnir, good to go there at about 18-20 can stay till mid 30's
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Didn't XP there get nerfed In to oblivion?
  4. Korillo Augur

High Keep, Permafrost, Mistmoore, Overthere. I'll be honest when I level my alts I stick to the zones like Uguk/lguk so I'm unsure which of these zones would be best or if they'd even be great at all but those are the first I could think of for your levels.
  5. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Xp did get nerfed in dalnir a little, but still a great zone.
  6. Radien Elder

Mistmoore is home.
  7. Weverley Augur

Out of the path in the mid teens i would go to najena then when you are in the low 20s u can move to sol a then at mid 20s i like splitpaw but cazic thule works too.
  8. Tarmor of Surefall Journeyman

Okay for a true old school EQ experience try the following areas:

Najena -- great dungeon and a fun "crawl" meaning don't stay in one place. You progress linearly through the dungeon going deeper and deeper. In the late teens, early 20's it's a great zone.

Befallen -- again a classic. It's lower level than Naj, but at the time time it is a dangerous one. Again, crawl it, don't camp it.

Cazic-Thule -- great dungeon. Different areas are different levels and the deeper you go the nastier the lizards get. This is really a 20-30's dungeon but it's fun to go through it visiting the different areas.

Mistmoore -- In the low 20's you are suck outside the castle. It's not very exciting. But....the castle....oh the castle. Hidden passages and so many "oh @#$@ moments" when you open the wrong door and get vamp'd.

SolA -- Seriously the goblins were always one of my favorite 20's early 30's spots and the zone layout lends itself to either a camp or crawl. You even have vendors in zone (if you can sneak you can shop with the goblins, else you just need to have not ruined your gnome factions to shop up in the gnome miner's area).

Kerra Isle -- Kill the cats! Well it will ruin your cat faction, but it's still amusing. This is a low teen's - mid 20's zone. It's more a slaughter zone than a dungeon crawl. Great to exp in if you have no competition. (but it is out of the way)

Kunark wise, Dalinir is a good one. Again it's best as a crawl but you can camp certain areas.

Droga and Nurga were always favorites in the 30's. Droga in particular is good for a group and a nice long crawl. It can get a little hairy though if you don't have a good group.
  9. yerm Augur

I highly recommend Nurga. I assume it still has cranked up xp. I don't know why people avoid it since it's a zone away from Overthere and the skins and salts are currently worth a fortune so you'll make good profit during your time there.

There's also out of the way outdoor spots if you like. FM has a goblin cave which is awesome for quick easy pulls, and warslick's woods goblin fort should give you steady mobs and a chance at some decent named loot. Problem with these is I don't know that the ZEM is quite as awesome as the dungeons, and there's a chance a 60 will be mass farming it.
  10. jeskola pheerie

Kaesora is the coolest little-visited dungeon. You need some more levels first before you go there, though.
    Erud's Crossing is probably the least-visited zone in EQ but you have probably outleveled it.
    LOIO tunnels, droga/nurga, Emerald Jungle, Trakanon's Teeth, Kerra Isle, Najena, Permafrost are good suggestions.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

O yeh Kaesora is on our list, i used to live in there back in the Day. Permafrost sounds fun (saw it suggested a couple times now)
  12. Rhiyannon Augur

13. Anhari Augur

Permafrost is a blast, but remember, there is a Dragon there! And she doesn't take kindly to being disturbed :p. There also be giants there, so be careful at the mid levels.
  14. Kiris Journeyman

Dalnir has a 10:40 respawn timer. This is incredibly fast. The bonus exp modifier doesn't matter in the zone because you can get a lot of pulls.

I leveled in Dalnir about 23-29 and it was my first time there but I really enjoyed it.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

Respawn timers on Crack. I like it.