How rare are the plushy gnolls

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tobin, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Tobin Augur

I have gotten 42 Gnoll in a barrel and still missing 3 of the plushy Gnolls. that is 35 fails. What's up with that?
  2. RPoo Augur

did you really spend ~$115ish on gnolls?!
  3. Tobin Augur

yes - I was manic at the time - I regret it but blame it on my Abilify meds - It can lower impulse control and lead to gambling and manic spending.
  4. Siddar Augur

So unlike the in game drop plushy chest items. The market place ones don't have restriction of not giving you the same one twice if you have it in your inventory already?

Daybreak your greed is getting out of hand.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The titles and achievements are there for people with Obsessive Completion Disorder. The random aspect is there for the gamblers and ensures extra income, because damn sure you're not going to get exactly one of each on the first try. Glad I don't have either of these problems.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You should direct message Roshen or a Dev for the final 3 pieces or a partial refund. There was a problem on EverQuest 2 where people paid absurd amounts for mercenary skins (randomized) and the devs there sympathized and intervened.

Edit: EverQuest 2 items in question were called Mercenary Crates. I believe the people who spent a large amount were granted the rare merc.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/whats-in-your-mercenary-crate.560079/
    Tobin likes this.
  7. Tobin Augur

That is a good idea - maybe the last three plush gnolls are too rare for a person to get with just buying them - 35 fails is a lot - If a Dev. or Roshen reads this they might take pity on my soul and grant me the gnolls I need.
    I know they read all the posts on here so I will hold off and not direct PM to them yet.
  8. gnomeboss Augur

my results. fippy was the last one i found.

1 Plush Fippy Darkpaw
    1 Plush Lord Elgnub
    2 Plush Ishva Mal
    2 Plush Trannix Darkpaw
    5 Plush Egrez Shortpaw
    5 Darkfell Gnoll Pup
    7 Splitpaw Gnoll Pup
    8 Gnoll Reaver Pup
    8 Direwind Gnoll Pup
    10 Blackburrow Gnoll Pup
  9. Nolrog Augur

Did you try to find someone equally compulsive to trade with that may have needed one you had? LOL. Because you said this, I had to go buy another, and I got the Plush Lord Elgnub
  10. Tobin Augur

Yes - I asked in general and got no response - I'll keep trying
  11. Zamiam Augur

did you look in bazaar ? I know lots of peeps were selling the cats and dog plushy's maybe they are doing same for gnolls
  12. Savager Augur

Plush Ishva Mal was the last one I got, I got several copies of every other one though. I think it may just be bad RNG. =(
  13. Orbital101 Augur

I bought 7 barrels and got 7 different gnolls, bought 2 in bazaar and offered 1 mil for Plush Fippy Darkpaw which was better then buying more SC and possibly not even get it.
  14. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Mind if I ask what the rewards or titles were for the Gnolls?

Thank you!
  15. Tobin Augur

I'm on Povar and no one is selling the ones I need. - I'm running out of time. I have two days to buy them. I am resisting getting into a buying spree on them because I just cant spend any more for them - $115 was too much and I don't want to spend more - I am selling in the bazaar the extras I have but they don't sell well
  16. Tobin Augur

I had a thought - DBG should offer in the Marketplace the gnolls and other adoptable dogs and cats for a higher fee so people can fill in there collections. 1500 SC would be good. This way people could buy the random ones at first and then if they cant get all of them they could buy the last ones needed.
    Fanra likes this.
  17. Iila Augur

It's supposed to be a slot machine, to hook you OCD collectors/gamblers who will keep throwing money at it. I bet the biggest disappointment from their end is that the eq client can't show a spinning wheel that would show you almost getting a rare plushy every time.

They still have a long way to go to catch up to the really exploitative crate games, though.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

A title and a priceless 10 extra achievement points
  19. Tobin Augur

Happy Happy - got two more and now down to one needed - the Plush Ergrez Shortpaw.
    Fanra likes this.