Hate Fury Augments on Vendor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Cicelee Augur

Majority, if not all, of the items on the Anniversary vendor are essentially useless to most players. Getting 29 commemorative coins per 17th anniversary raid clear, therefore, is irrelevant to most players.

If you put the two 17th anniversary raid augments on the vendor, then there is a reason to have commemorative coins and use them for majority of players. Make them high in value.... 500, 1000 currency. Make it so that you have to have the 17th anniversary raid achievement in order to unlock it on the vendor.

Credit goes to guild members for thinking of this tonight. Gives everyone a chance to get one who can complete and win the event.
  2. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

*cough* Add something (nice) for group players too *cough*
  3. Kleros New Member

*thumbs up* This is a nice idea. Maybe even add 17th anny raid items on a 17th Anny Raid Vendor using TBM raid currency.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

This is actually a very well thought out idea, I like it Cicelee!

Now to just get the devs on board!

:D
  5. Maedhros High King

I agree there should be something available for groups if they complete the 16 mini's on the boat.
    Decent augs or some kind sure, but not arguably the very best augs in the game though! Absolutely not.
    As far as the augs being on the vendors.. thats just as crazy to me as having the Anashti eyes available on the vendors.
    Everquest has never been an all inclusive, show up and get your epic prize kind of game. Thats part of what makes it great.
    Imrahil likes this.
  6. Droftin New Member

I would be for this. Or make a slightly weaker version of the raid aug for the vendor and make it part of the same lore group as the raid aug. So people cant have both.
  7. Droftin New Member

I would be for this. Or make a slightly weaker version of the raid aug for the vendor and make it part of the same lore group as the raid aug. So people cant have both.
    Jhenna_BB and Maedhros like this.
  8. Maedhros High King

Now we're moving in the right direction! Other than the word slightly. If the melee aug is 65ac 450ish hp and 15 to 20 to melee heroics, cut all those numbers down by 25% and thats still a very handsome aug for groupers for killing 16 pretty easy mobs in Hates Fury.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  9. dwish Augur

Can we get the anni pet proc weapon on vendor as well plz?? Its the best weapon by a longshot for at least 2 classes and will be for a couple years most likely in its current form yet maybe 4-5 people tops will get one before event ends, depending on drop rate of course. Make this happen plz and thx.
  10. Blurred_Memories Augur

the 65ac aug you speak of is a chanter aug.
  11. Axxius Augur

It's the same idea as 'Let us buy raid gear for group currency' that's been circulated since VoA. The restriction of having beaten the raid to unlock the gear is not fooling anyone: /dzadd to the raid once and you are 'flagged' for the stuff.

And then watch the abuse. 500 coins? No problem! That's 500/16 = 32 instances of Hate's Fury. The resourceful people will grab that many, hold them with alts, then jump from instance to instance and kill the 16 minis in each. Voila!

Did people already forget how the first Tears of Alaris were obtained?
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

I wonder why the hell the group mobs do not drop loots..
  13. Orbital101 Augur

I have 2k commorative saved from last year thinking they would put something more expansive and more useful then another mount that I already have multiple version of. The garg is the same as LoN garg and gave me nothing extra on Hadya Ware. Buying the aug on vendor would definetly make me spend my 2k on it!
  14. MrMajestykx Augur

with what is available on vendor for the coin, ie NOTHING at all useful, shame the coins dont have tribute value. :p
  15. Kravitz Augur

So the raid players already got a 17th anniversary raid that drops loot, group players got NOTHING - no task that is doable or loot they can have a chance at.

And now the raid players are complaining they want the raid gear on a vendor also. LoL.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Due to how our guild distributes loot, I am going to be very fortunate to be able to obtain an augment within the next week or two. So I did not start this thread because I wanted "to complain".

In the past, raid augments have generally gone to all who attend the raid. In some situations I believe the developers changed the parameters halfway through the limited time duration of the event to allow everyone the opportunity to obtain one. So there is precedent in the developers changing their initial plan.

I see what is available on the anniversary vendors, and there is not one single item that makes me want to buy one. And this sentiment is echoed by the vast majority of players. I do not even partake in anniversary events for the purpose of commemorative coins because there is no reward worth spending my time on. As a result of not having an incentive to do, I miss out on the work that the developers have put into creating these anniversary events.

The purpose of the thread, based on the ideas of several guild members, was to offer a way to utilize commemorative coins in a positive exchange. I am confident if the augments were on the vendors at 1000 coins each, you will see many many many raiders doing the anniversary tasks ad nauseum to obtain the currency to purchase an augment. It was a suggestion, not a demand- again as I mentioned, I am going to be fortunate to have an augment soon. I personally will still have nothing of note or worth to purchase with my coins.

I also feel the items should not be on the vendor. And trust me, I would love to have that caster shield. A clickable from inventory near insta cast DD every ten seconds that crits for over 10k and is affected by Manaburn? Yes please and thank you! But this is something I will need to bid on, not purchase.

Finally I 100% agree that groupers should have gotten something from anniversary tasks this year. Last year was an excellent charm augment that everyone could obtain rather easily by themselves or in a duo. The fact that there is nothing this year is quite disappointing. However this thread was about raid augments, not lack of group rewards. I could add three other topics to this thread as well, but my focus was just on one. Sorry that you feel a one topic thread I created made you think that I don't care about a lack of anniversary group rewards.

Cause you are 100% wrong.
    Greaseman likes this.
  17. Klak Augur

Cicelee is too nice. But I don't care about groupers. You are missing out on the only ok thing about EQ is doing raids. Group content is a joke.
    The raid augs should be given to everyone imo if you can beat the raid since its for a limited time.
    Devs should have made it so everyone gets the augs by doing the raid twice. Also could have made the raid challenging then slowly nerf it so eventually even groupers can join a pickup raid and get it.
    I think everyone should be able to get whatever gear. A bad player in the best gear in the game is still going to be bad.
    Vdidar likes this.
  18. VandilIzer Augur

19. Orbital101 Augur

if they put the augs on the vendor... groupers will have a chance at a aug other wise chance at nothing this year compare to every other years.
  20. Blurred_Memories Augur

i don't recall groupers having a chance at the raid augs of past anniversary raids. why is this a thing?
  21. Triconix Augur

I don't recall past anniversaries where groupers had no chance at valuable items, either.

Unless you consider a mount, mercenary graphic or a 34 slot bag useful. Then you look at the price to purchase each or all of these fluff items and you scratch your head in bewilderment.

Most anniversaries had augs available for all players with many being the top augs for that time period. Look at last year, the year before, the year before that, etc. Only every so often was there augs that were for raiders, but the raids were normally fairly easy/fun that pick up raids could beat them.

The better question is why is this not a thing anymore?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.