Daybreak Defender App ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Chanteren, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Chanteren Elder

Today, I logged off after raids. Then Windows did an update and restarted my PC.

Then I realized I wanted to leave a buyer up to get some items. When I tried to use LaunchPad, I got the odd message that due to "unusual activities" on my account, I needed to enter a cell phone and activate a code sent to the phone. My first instinct was Virus/Hax. But the URL was right, so I entered my cell phone #.

The code was sent from a California area code 760. The text told me to download Daybreak Defender with double authentication (PW + Activate code) to use to log in. It directed me to iTunes to download the app, but guess what? The US iTunes store does NOT contain Daybreak Defender! Weird. Could not log in that way.

So I did a little sleuthing and Daybreak Support does indeed have articles on Daybreak Defender, including FAQs etc, so it seems it is a legit thing.

Now, just how the heck can I log back in? I cannot download DB Defender from iTunes. LaunchPad continues to take me to screens to do the security questions etc... and won't let me log in. Ack!

Help!
    Jwiz
  2. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

If you go to the main Daybreak Games website, login and then point your mouse to where it says "Welcome, Username," there should be a link for Enhanced Security which contains an iTunes link for that app. Perhaps the URL from the text which was sent out was incorrect?

I don't do iTunes so I can't verify whether the app is present on the store or not. However, it does seem a little strange to me that they'd force you into an Apple app when you might not even have an Apple device to begin with. But whatever, that's kinda beside the point.

For everyone else, this is a good opportunity to update your account to use 2-step verification, which is the first link on the Enhanced Security page. It's minimal fuss for some extra account security.
  3. Chanteren Elder

Nope, doesn't work. "That app is not available." /sigh
  4. Ksenija Elder

Can you disable Enhanced security from the Daybreak site ?
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Definitely very strange.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This is probably just premature... but it's awesome news that it's coming, if it is indeed coming.
  7. Sinzz Augur

took update then went into game folder found eqgame.exe pin to task bar right click in propertys put patcheme after eqgame.exe D:\eq\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme then you can launch without the patcher as long as game has been patched. I too got that but I wasn't biting .