FV

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Pr0vince, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Pr0vince New Member

Just moved from The Rathe over to FV (recommendation in Almars guide) because I couldn't find any defiant gear (or really anything in the baz) as I was getting close to my 60s. The population is definitely a lot bigger on FV and items are a plenty. My only concern is does this mean everything is being constantly camped? I want to be able to run through dungeons without people yelling at me because they've already claimed something.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

You left Rathe because you couldn't find gear for a sub 100 toon? Did you try asking? Some of us hoard this stuff to give away.
  3. Pr0vince New Member

Nah, mooching isn't really my style and I don't really know anyone in the EQ community. My friends quit playing this game aeons ago and moved onto bigger things. They would probably laugh at me if I asked them to create an account. I just started playing again for nostalgic reasons. I also don't have a whole lot of time to play, so I'm boxing a few hours here and there. EQ will always have a special place in my heart.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

Understood, however we don't call it mooching, we call it helping a fellow player. And FYI, your not alone, our guild is full of people just like you. Don't be shy.
  5. Rakan New Member

Other than old raid content you wont have any trouble with stuff being camped.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

Everything will be wide open all the way to max and even then you should almost always be able to get the camp you want/area you want within a day. Most people only stick around to kill nameds once for the Hunter achievement since everything is droppable on FV most usually do something fun and buy gear rather than camp gear themselves.

Also welcome aboard! If you PM me your characters names I can toss you a few goodies I got lying around. Maybe i should add in my Fv recommendation again! I had taken it out as I reformated that page and never added it back in.

If you moved there and find you're liking it much more maybe I should direct a lot of the new players there. I really do enjoy that server the most, it has a helpful and friendly community and gear O'plenty.
  7. Angrif Lorekeeper

I have been considering rerolling on a new server. I have a lot of time in my toons but nothing over lvl 87. I'm on Drinal now and even though I'm in a fairly large guild, it still can be challenging to get groups. Maybe I should try FV...
  8. Visitor Augur

A big reason for defiant gear to be more abundant on FV, is that after the first user outgrows them items can be passed on to some one else, while on other servers items become no trade, (few folk are going to bother to unattune). You will find that a lot of things that are no trade on other servers are also tradable on FV.
  9. Indrigoth Journeyman

My girlfriend and I transferred to FV last week and it was the best gaming move we have ever made (actually read a post here by Almar about FV and it convinced me).

She works fairly long hours and is getting her masters degree, so time is at a premium. The 50% extra XP goes a long way in offsetting that.

Not to mention, practically nothing is no-drop including already "attuned" defiant gear.

Now there are a couple of trolls who complain in general EVERY day about how no one groups, but overall, I have found the community to be one of the better ones in the game. Every server has its trolls (we have played on quite a few servers over the last 17 years).

I personally don't know how the server isn't MORE populated...people are always wanting extra XP, well here is a server with a permanent 50% more.
  10. Aghinem Augur

Welcome to the FV server :) If any of you need assistance, don't hesitate to contact one of my Knights for help. We are always here to help a fellow player in need.

The well-known FV genchat trolls are:

• Yarre
    • Lenadas
    • Andrommeda
    • Thorbardin
    • Sideofbeef
    • Knightmare
    Just set those people on your ignore list and you are good to go!
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'm very happy to hear so many people like FV. I transfered over during the free transfers there right after Fippy launched in 2011. I saw it as nothing more than a means to group up all my scattered 50 - 75 characters.

Eventually once I saw how awesome the no no drop rule is I just can't play anywhere but FV (the TLPs up to a certain point most likely, but I haven't tried live in 5 or more years).

I love FVs ruleset, it's my home and will always be because of how unique it is. A true diamond in the ruff.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Indrigoth like this.
  12. Indrigoth Journeyman

I saw you interacting with them the other day. Along with discussing some cleric who apparently has a billionaire husband and breeds basketball players in her spare time?

If anything, it was entertaining. Not sure whether they are actually trolling or they don't realize their personalities just aren't conducive for people WANTING to group with them.
  13. Aghinem Augur

LOL - Yeah, the cleric's name is Maryamber - and anyone who has had dealings with her knows the jokes that surround her. She changes her story all the time about what her husband does, and what her kids do - and she seriously is a few fries shy of a happy meal. Funny stuff though.

The other people who complain about lack of grouping; to approach this constructively, this is a game that consists of major social dynamics. Imagine it as a high school. If you are quiet & recluse, you probably aren't going to have a lot of people interact with you. If you are outgoing and friendly, you will probably have the greatest time of your life. Then of course, you have the bullies also. I've always felt, whatever you really put into this game, you get out of it. Best $15/mo you can spend.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Indrigoth like this.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

Man that's a depressing analogy. Just like high school it's just me playing with myself with my invisible (box team) friends.

What's that song from bowling for soup? High School never ends?

Here it is!

Gyurika Godofwar and Aghinem like this.
  15. Sakuraba Augur

Only thing I've run into on FV is that to chat outside of Genchat, you are basically learning languages 24/7.

Not a bad thing, actually sorta hilarious when you are trying to figure out what the hell the barbarian standing next to you is blathering on about. XD
  16. Anhari Augur

When FV first opened, it was such a blast. One character, no common language, trivial loot code, etc. It was fun then. Fast forward to today, most of the rules still exist, TLC is gone, replace by the troll/tools that transferred onto the server. I still find it fun to be on the server, and I do love help new/young players who need a leg up on skills/gear and languages. My wizard is master linguist, and used to hold monthly training sessions, too bad I don't do that any longer.

Enjoy your time on FV. It is unique, and can be a blast.