Time to Switch to phin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Acoma, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Gremin Augur

Yup you got me..i am a box of Darths.
  2. Harbertown New Member

I almost did, but too many people told me how toxic the population is on Phinny, so that scares me honestly.
  3. Wintermalo Augur

Phinegal:

Velious Launch = May 25, 2016
    Luclin Launch = August 17, 2016
    Planes of Power Launch = November 9, 2016

Ragefire:

Velious Launch = March 21, 2016 (probably)
    Luclin Launch = Most likely end of September, 2016
    Planes of Power Launch = Most likely Early-mid April, 2017.

Lockjaw:

Basically the same timers as ragefire, but pushed back 3 weeks.

Honestly I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to just play on Phinegal. I could perhaps see the appeal to some for Ragefire, but I can't imagine there is a large enough playerbase to support both those servers after you look at those unlock times.
  4. RangerBent New Member

HAHA, so many of you are trying to convince others that Phinigel is Pheer. We will see how that goes during Luclin and AA grinding and 12 weeks of Planes of Power? That server will be the first to die out of the new servers.
    Sinzz likes this.
  5. Wintermalo Augur

At least Phinegal will make it to PoP! I can't say the same for Lockjaw.
  6. Vaclav Augur

DHS (not a hardcore guild - some would call it casual, but it's more "between" the terms IMO - Gremin's fine guild) kept up with 1 month unlocks on Combine/Sleeper - sure the XP was a LITTLE faster (not much though) but 1/2 the time per unlock generally vs Phin. (It was voting based w/ 30 day unlocks - usually was around 45 days)

And you do realize that even if the AA rate is terribly stunted (which it may or may not be - they can code AA gains separate from normal XP rates now) that there's only around 30-40 vital AA for most classes and the rest are luxury, right?

So you've got half an AA a day to accomplish to stay up to date - OH HEAVENS WHAT WILL WE DO!
  7. Atrocity Journeyman

And if AA rates are anywhere near classic rates, you'll be lucky to get a bub every 2 hours, not even consider group form up times. Average 5 hrs per day for full 84 day cycle, and that is just to get the bare minimum required. I'm not all doom and gloom about Phinny. I have a character in their 40s with very little desire to play through Kunark again after 6 months on Ragefire. I'm playing him casually and will likely ding 60 sometime around SoL unlock. But the AA grind will be real, especially with 84 days in PoP.
  8. Syrup Augur

Sorry but bonus exp doesn't make a zero competition server filled with griefers any more appealing.
  9. Acoma New Member

Define people..... Are you talking about the forum trolls and whiners or actual friends who actually put forth effort in playing on the server?

By reading the forums it looks like nobody should even look twice at playing on any tlp. It's all complaints of how x is broken and y isn't fair.

In society in general if someone has a good experience they tell a few people and that's it. If they have a bad experience they tell everyone and write complaint letters to corporate.

Every server has bad apples but the community is very far from toxic. If anything the community has come together to in a large part against toxic players. Just hop over the the vp key post.
  10. Acoma New Member

A zero competition server with a bunch of griefers.... Very complex argument. I like how you dumbed down to the whole experience of the server to griefers not competing. I'm guessing whoever can run the most accounts to kill something is competition? Please explain.
  11. Syrup Augur

Competing for open world spawns, rather than waiting in the welfare line.
    You know, like the game everquest...
    Acoma likes this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

AA's are completely different now. They couldn't put them to "Classic rates" if they wanted to.

Nevermind AA initially ignored con bonuses (they give con bonuses now) and other factors.

And even then, early Luclin I was knocking out 4-5 AA a day personally and without doing stuff like AE groups.
  13. Vaclav Augur

There's as much "competition" on other TLPs as there is "competition" for your ATM withdrawal when someone sticks a gun in your back.

Some people will do anything to gain the prize - and everyone acting civilly either has to steer clear or get screwed.
  14. Acoma New Member

News flash the open world spawns are there and there is competition for those, again look at the vp key thread. And guess what omg people other than a couple of guilds on the server get to actually raid the content on their own schedule and see loot they wouldn't get to see on your server? Damn that wouldn't be enjoyable at all...
  15. Seraphim Augur

See, another person agrees!
  16. Seraphim Augur

You can grind and catch up on AAs during Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons since both of those expansions are total !
  17. bodes Augur

Everquest was designed for 500 players (max) per server as stated by the developers. The explosive popularity of the game was not anticipated and every classic server was severely overpopulated due to sheer demand. When the devs could take a step back and design an optimal experience they gave us LDON with broad instancing. Even the guild leaders of dominant guilds who went on to design other MMORPGs supported instancing.

Suggesting that instancing is bad or "not Everquest" is incredibly ignorant.
  18. Numiko Augur

Not to mention they confirmed at the launch of Ragefire that we will have auto grant AA on these servers
  19. Tierdal Augur

It has to be balanced though. Having everything instances ruins games.
  20. Heartland Augur

Kukgrol, is that you?