so now that eq next is canceled

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vardune, Mar 15, 2016.

1. vardune Augur

do the tlp servers get a bit more love. milk the cash cow?
  2. Orbital101 Augur

More EQ content and more maps to make FTW!
  3. Machen New Member

LOL. H1Z1 will get more attention, and maybe ps2. That is all. We don't, no matter what the producer letters might say.
  4. Tinytinker Augur

I'm not sure if you are trying to say advertise the TLP servers a bit more or now that the EQNext devs are free, put them on TLP.

If it's #2, I really disagree with you. I like playing on the TLP servers, but I think the devs need to give some love to live servers also, fix items and make sure dot classes don't get the shaft.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm pretty content with the current TLP situation. As long as the devs deliver on the Velious, Luclin, and hopefully Planes (elemental at least) expeditions, I'm really good. Tweaking the XP and the VP key quest would be icing on the cake, but really overall I'm good.
    Rhiyannon and Nolrog like this.
  6. -wycca Augur

This. They have 3 more expansions of instancing and raid mob buffs, then it's pretty smooth sailing for the team. Exp, vp key, and some minor quest/spawn/bugs are probably about it.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Possibly past that a smidge too - there are some contested mobs that matter GoD+, remember.

But definitely far less work at that point if they continue it for the few oddball mobs.
  8. Numiko Augur

I think EQ overall is getting more staff, been noticing a few new Dev's posting on the forums here for instance.
  9. Gremin Augur

Then let the GoD mobs be contested. Having just done GoD thoroughly on Trakanon prior to this round of TLPs I can honestly say its perfectly setup and requires no changes at all. The BiC quest is fine also and needs no changing...
  10. Vaclav Augur

Depends what the population is by that point - if it's like Trakanon (quite low) then it probably won't be necessary. If we're still busting at the seams with players, blocking in Txevu could get annoying however if people decided to do such.
  11. Machen New Member

If the VP key quest is any indication, blocking in Txevu will be more than just annoying. I think it could be a pretty rude shock on a server that hasn't had to contest any raid content to progress up to that point.
    Sinzz likes this.
  12. Gremin Augur

Most folks have a bad taste in their mouth for GoD expansion. I find it to be one of the best expansions out there since the changes made to it. Sure, Txevu can be a major blocking point but once a guild does it once on their raid leader or appointed key person its not required again except for BiC. I doubt even Phinny will have that kind of population come GoD. At most 6 raid guilds and of those 6 when GoD opens, 2 will actively be raiding GoD to progress. Rest will be farming Time still imo.
    Sinzz likes this.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Perhaps you're right - doesn't sound too bad if you are right. But lets not put the cart before the horse yet.

Heck, even if there are this many and people opt to be civil it would be fine. But as Machen said, current drama doesn't make the Magic 8-Ball give positive results.
  14. -wycca Augur

To be fair, drama at some vp key camps is pretty minor compared to 1) 0 raid mobs available to most guilds and 2) 6-boxers & box raids holding item camps, posky isles/etc hostage for farming/RMT. The reality of what Phinnie players left behind on RF/LJ makes the VP thing look petty quaint.

Although it would still be nice if it was changed up.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Slambit Journeyman

nah it'll be all hands on deck for landmark so they can launch it in a state that wont trigger mass refund demands
  16. Aenoan Augur

Wasn't Landmark meant specifically EQ:N? So I would imagine they would eventually scrap that too. Huge guess though I mean other than for weapon transmogs it doesn't have any impact on any other game and really would people pay/play to basically play DBG version of Sims?
  17. Wintermalo Augur

Landmark is done for bruh
  18. Machen New Member

We'll see, given Fippy's history I would not be surprised at all to see 10 or more guilds still actively doing in era content by GoD. Not all of them will beat txevu but it will be well more than 2 barring any surprises that destroy the server's population.
  19. Numiko Augur

They will launch Landmark so, as someone said, all the people who bought founder / settler packs will not be able to demand refunds .. they can say "see we gave you a game!" .. and I predict it will be shut down within a year ...
  20. Lumiens Augur

Maybe a good portion of the TLP crowd will just all move to Pantheon together. They just streamed about an hour and a half of it on March 11th, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet to form my own opinion, but most of the feedback on Reddit was surprisingly really positive.