Lockpicking on TLP as a bard

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vontod, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vontod Augur

Hey guys,

Is lock picking still something worth leveling as a bard on the TLP?

I was looking it up on both the P99 wiki and other sites and got conflicting information; some places say that there are no more lock picking doors in EQ, some say bards can't go past a certain skill, etc.

So... anyone know pertaining to the TLP?

Thanks,
    ~Von
  2. Ducreux Augur

Can't open doors to dragons in VP without a lock picker or abusing Illusion glitch. Same deal with Hiero cloak in Seb and Chardok Royals, though royals you can get summoned through having a picker makes it much easier for a raid.
  3. Poydras Augur

yes you need to do it. Locked doors are all over kunark dungeons. A group might be able to exploit past it but it'd be a huge pain for a whole raid.

Oh and bards can go 200+ skill on ragefire at least, which appears to be all that is needed for all of them in Kunark. Presumably Phinny is the same.
  4. Bewts Augur

You can get over 200 LP as a Bard these days. I think my bard is 202 or 210. I forget now...
  5. uk6999 Augur

You want to be 201+ for Kunark. Nothing in classic really worth bothering with. You options for leveling up are limited. However the easiest way is to train LP to 11 at your trainer then go to befallen and hope no one else is there. Go to door # 2 ( first door is broken and no longer gives skill ups ). Stand there between 4-8 hours ( yes I am serious ) and with lockpicks in hand ( purchased from Common Lands vendor ) open and close the door 400000 times. There are +mod% to Lockpicks that are available as well. Pretty sure there is +4% one. This may help level it up. Also get your INT as high as possible via songs/gear as this will help skill increase.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Pick_Lock

Where I got my info for skill needed.
  6. Anthym New Member

a *lot* of the locked doors to skill up on have been removed.. the p99 guide is still pretty good, there's only one locked door in befallen, the locked rock in permafrost keep and paineel entrance rock are probably best three to skill on, you'll have to sink some raw points into it to start skilling. 21 or 26 i think?
  7. TowerDefense Augur

Permafrost is the best option.
  8. Radien Elder

210+ for VP.