Lack of official communication lately / TLP instancing taking away from the next expac?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheaffer, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iila Augur

This is the one where every promise made about the next expansion turns out false.

This is the one where they say that TBM beta will be plenty long enough.
  2. Kravitz Augur

EQ2 got a Producer's Letter, working as intended for EQ1.
  3. Numiko Augur

I am betting that the "Quarm" server that was mentioned at the launch of Ragefire will be the locked at POP server... so yea there is still more "Special Rule" servers coming down the pipeline.
    Iila likes this.
  4. Kravitz Augur

Oh expect more TLP servers cause the player base will play for about 1-2 years on them then quit. So they'll introduce a brand new TLP server every 2 years or so.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Starting new TLPs just pulls from the old TLPs. It doesn't pull many new people in. Just look at Ragefire/Lockjaw when Phinigel opened. Those two servers are significantly less populated now.
  6. Silv Augur

It doesn't have to bring in new people as long as they keep what they have or something close to it... So, okay, they make Phinny and RF/LJ start to die off. Most of those people are on Phinny now though. Making a new TLP will zap Phinny. Did they really lose people though? Again, most likely not.

Eventually, will it catch up and subs will drop because of declining server health on neglected TLPs? I'm sure. That is one of the reasons why I find it so insane to waste as many resources as they did on RF/LJ to make them happy to only turn around 6 months later with Phinny and well... yeah.
    Faana, Gyurika Godofwar and Kravitz like this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

@ Reval roflmao
  8. beryon Augur

For those who want to go straight to the relevant Q&A, it starts at 7:20. Holly talks about how they're going to take their time to do it right, and not just throw out whatever they have by a particular launch date. She also tells us to expect more transparency (again).
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

In the vote for RF/LJ they also had a "Seasonal Server" idea. I think that came second, didn't it?

Regardless I think this is their plan all along. They can keep rolling out TLPs with minor differences each time and maybe eventually will make "server first" achievements that give you a claimable weapon or armor skin on any server thus making it even more appealing for live people to create alts on the TLPs. That's honestly what I thought was going to happen when I saw Seasonal in the voting list, I thought that was going to win as it'd be illogical to not have a reward at the end of the season that would last forever in EQ.

Silv is right the population on TLPs almost always stays "the same" - I mean we recycle the same top guilds every single TLP do we not? Citizen and TL are stuck in an infinite battle as they reroll on every single TLP server.

I also was shocked that they made a new server. I guess they just couldn't deal with all the whining of the antiboxer crowd. Though I have to admit DBG has some serious gonads to do what they did with phinny. They ultimately made everyone who whined and cried for the new server waste days extra of their lives with the XP detriment on the server. I don't think the slower XP was for potion sales, I think the slower XP was a giant middle finger to people who whined and complained constantly, potion sales were an after thought. Just a theory of course.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Matari Augur

TLP has an unhealthy server population because of RMT and Raid guilds. None of which contribute to the community. If they are targeting old school players, they need to make a new game. As soon as an alternative comes into play, this boat will sink faster than the titanic.
  11. Ruven_BB Augur

They don't need to make a new game, most of the issues with EQ have been throwing resources at other projects, taking talent from EQ.

Focus on where your cash is coming from, and work on building it from there. I have played most games since EQ, for whatever reason, the balance and mix in EQ isn't repeatable. Use the template that has been created and continue to develop it from there.

In addition, I would get an advisory board of players to assist the dev's in order to avoid mistakes made in the past that seem to be repeated with new expansions.

Don't take your player base for granted and use us as a launch pad for other projects that haven't even come close to the success of EQ.

Ruven
    Gyurika Godofwar and Vrinda like this.
  12. Matari Augur

I disagree. What makes EQ great was class distinctions and uniqueness of gear. This started to change around SoV. So they would need to change the progression of the game. Just make a new one with those ideals.
    Faana likes this.
  13. Styles Journeyman

It amazes me that the player base believes anything out of any of these peoples mouths after all these years.....when will we the customers ever learn and speak with our dollars. Join the Trump movement, vote with your dollars!
    Kravitz likes this.
  14. Laronk Augur

If you enjoy the game still, voting with your walled is dumb because you lose enjoyment to try to enact a change that might not happen unless you're ok with leaving EQ for a few months to play another MMO.

If you don't enjoy the game anymore you should just quit either way.
  15. Zamiam Augur

I believe beryon was being sarcastic in his post .. i could be wrong .
  16. Randragon Augur

They are just a pack of liars from the Top on down. They promise the customers things and never come through with it.

Just plain awful and discouraging.

I am sure there is a whole litany of things I can list they said they would do or provide over the last year and then reneged on their promises.

I am just too damn tired to even try to do such a thing. Frankly, I think they want to sunset the game but they want to make it so the customer does it not them. Its some perverse sense of obligation to the customer to allow us to suicide our Game Lives.

We are all just tired.
    Faana and Kravitz like this.
  17. Reval Augur

When they delete my posts, I don't know if I should be offended because they have censored my good advice and solid wisdom, or if I should be happy that someone at daybreak got the message. I guess even when they reply to something that is important, usually it's a grim reply anyway.
  18. Kravitz Augur

I just read this Beryon's response, in no way is that sarcastic, more informative about where to look in the video, but definitively not sarcastic.
  19. Zamiam Augur

Iila likes this.
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.