Time Requirement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Qwiggs, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Zapped New Member

Pack it up boys. We gottem. Throw him in jail.
    Venthos likes this.
  2. Mwapo Augur

There are plenty of people that care. Most probably don't, but some people definitely care.
  3. Kridina Elder

This.

I love this sort of factious comment :) It's brilliant, actually.
  4. Eangel Elder

Having a differing opinion and bashing others for their opinion aren't the same. I assumed you understood that distinction, my mistake. As far as a conspiracy, I am just looking at posting patterns that you have exhibited lately. I'm sure you are jovial and a stand up guy outside of forum quest.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Someone brought up an excellent point. You don't have 84 days to get to 60; you have 168 since Velious brings no new levels.

The irony being, of course, the players starting threads two weeks ino Velious complaining about boredom since they are max XP with nothing to do...
    DruidCT likes this.
  6. Finley Augur

This is not a great way to look at it, if it takes you through Velious to get 60 then you'll be really behind in progression. Who do you think has chance of getting a respectable amount of AAs during Luclin, someone who has a bunch of nice Velious raid gear or someone who just hit 60?
  7. Scrubbs New Member

I never really found the leveling tedious or monotonous. I played back in EQ vanilla days and came back to the TLP for just that experience. People want to fly through levels to get wherever, but to me the leveling process is what built the community, formed friendships and introduced people to the meta game at large. Flying through levels gets you to the end and sure if you're already playing with people you know, that could be fine. But I met so many people just sitting around in groups for hours leveling that were awesome and introduced me to other things in and out of the game. To me, that's not tedium.

No MMO has ever been hard, or difficult. Most of them are just time spent until you figure out the script or the mechanics. I'm not arguing there, but the things you get out of spending that time with people can transcend loot. There may have been fewer asshats back in the day though compared to now with entitled and instant-gratification obsessed player.
    EQvet and Kridina like this.
  8. Venthos Augur

This is a weird backpedal. I mean, if I'm a shill, Roshen and crew are severely behind on my payments. I swear, though, if they pay me in Krono then I'm done with this shill gig.
  9. Eangel Elder

Not following your backpedaling accusation. You labeled yourself as a shill, I just asked a question. The point still stands, you have a habit of bashing others for their opinions in an attempt to shut them down with hyperbole when they aren't aligning with your own mindset from what I have read here on the forums. So no, I am not backpedaling from my original post.
  10. Rhiyannon Augur

just do what I finally did after watching his posts just get more nasty, hostile, and abusive towards fellow players, even more so over the last week, feed him to iggy. his posts originally were to the point and constructive, now he seems to only find delight in trying to demean others, really not worth the time or effort to read the trolling he now pretty much only does now... it's a shame, the constructive posts were good ones.
  11. GrugSA Augur

You can't remember what year this happened in? but you can remember how long it took you to make "1%" ?

I totally believe you, there isn't any chance you're just making up.
  12. Cicelee Augur

It was 2001. So incredibly sorry for forgetting the year the first time.

And yes, I remember when I hit lvl 60. You remember those long grinds, those hell levels. Solanthius was the tank in the group, Ellyria was on her bard chain pulling, and Estopidiera was the shaman in the group. There were two other players that unfortunately i don't remember. I guess in your eyes since I don't remember the last two this is all made up. Anyways we were in kitchen/chef area pulling non stop for hours. I was at lvl 59.99 and 45 minutes later I finally heard that DING. It was such a wonderful relief.

The good ole days. Brings back a lot of memories I must say...
    Wyxx likes this.
  13. Risiko Augur

Reality check time people...

Now while I do think that the exp rate needs to be adjusted up a little for the 40+ grind, there is one major thing that I think people are neglecting to understand... This is a RAID INSTANCED server.

That means that no matter what any other guild does, they have NO IMPACT on your guild's ability to raid when and where you want. You can be on Velious content while other guilds are in PoP. You can be doing Classic when xyz guild is doing Luclin.

This is the first time in history that this is 100% possible. You don't like xyz guild, who cares. They have no impact on your guild at all.

So, stop worrying about completing each expansion before the next is released. It doesn't matter.

This is why we have over 12 guilds on this server that have finished raiding all of classic. Competition is extinct here.
  14. EQvet Elder

This will happen when you read the "we want faster exps now or were quiting" type threads. Check the other threads if you want constructive posts.

On that note i wanted to share and comment on my panda express fortune cookies I was eating when reading this...

First "you have strong convictions - stand by them." EXP is fine as is newbs!

Then "you will be honored with a prestigious prize or award." Logging in now for pat lewts!1!1!!

your only gonna get what you put in, stop being communists.

Edit = OP didn't start this as a exp complaining thread but it turned into one. =/
  15. Bambam Bigelow Journeyman

found the neck beard.
  16. yerm Augur

found the ad hominem
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I got a late start here. The early levels, say 1-20 as mentioned by someone else, are a pain in the fourth point of contact. Nobody wants to group, even though it would be beneficial to all. leveling is slow even with potions. But on the bright side, ALL my skills are at level cap long before I level again. Something that I couldn't say way back when.

While it would be nice to tweak upwards the xp gains for those low levels, the fact that there is such a long time til a level increase simply doesn't justify it. As for the OP, you have that long to get to 60, and it can be done with 10 or so hours a week if you are efficient about it. There's no rush to endgame.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  18. Tulgin Augur

Fact, XP required to hit max level on an 84 day unlock server is too slow.

You can disagree, but you'll be wrong.

I'd say increase it another 25% and see how we go from there.
  19. Venthos Augur

Fact, XP required to hit max level on an 84 day unlock server is perfect.

You can disagree, but you'll be wrong.

I'd say just play the game and see how we go from there.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  20. Captiin New Member

Some people in my guild hit 55 before 4am EST on release of kunark. 4 levels in 13 hours. FOUR LEVELS. I understand that you cant play 14 hours a day but 1/2 a level in one play session isn't too slow. Just because you want to play 1 hour a week and still get max level on 8 toons doesn't make the exp too slow.

There is no level requirement for raiding, so you don't HAVE to hit a certain level. Velious also has no level increase so you technically have 6 months to level all your toons to 60 at whatever pace you want.