Are exp potions account bound?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vontod, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Vontod Augur

Asking on this forum because I don't know if there are special rules on this server pertaining to potions (plus it's the only one I visit).

Long story short, I resubbed the other day, created a new toon just to log in with, claimed my 500 SC and was offered 3 potions for 500 SC. I purchased them not thinking and now they're on a toon I probably won't play.

Are they stuck there? I tried the shared bank, but was told it was no drop. Not sure if there is a simple way around this or not.

Thanks,
    ~Von
  2. Venthos Augur

Yes, they are stuck there :( The only situation where something is not "bound" to the character on purchase is when it ends up in the /claim inventory instead of the character's inventory. For example, buying the TLP Pack (40-slot bag + 3x XP Pots) places those items in the /claim window and you can then claim them to whatever character you want. But, once claimed, they're on that character and cannot be moved.
  3. Vontod Augur

Darn, that's a bummer.

Thanks,
    ~Von
  4. Kibanu Augur

I always thought this was a horrible mechanic. If I've spent money on potions, why should I not be allowed to move them around via shared bank with heirloom tag?

It really bothers me that they seem to just think "Well, if you want them on a different character, looks like you'll have to spend more money!". This is where I just bite the bullet and exp w/o them. It's not really fair, IMHO.
  5. Kevron Journeyman

Yes, the 3 potions for 500 points situation is handled terribly. If you forget and go to redeem your monthly reward on a max-level character you effectively screw yourself out of the savings. My level 60's have XP pots in the bank that will collect dust for at least the next year.