Message for CEO and Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thana_01, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

/yawn

Boring, sarcastic & generally unconvincing response of a thread evolving around the ever so vague term of 'enjoyable'. What one perceives as enjoyable may be different than what another perceives as enjoyable. For example - you may find intimacy with your significant other enjoyable while he/she may not. Perhaps that is too hypothetical for you. I find golfing enjoyable while others may not.

See what I did there?

I introduced a term that truly does apply, its called perception.

I find the game rather enjoyable with all its general dynamics. Class nerfs and changes never bother me because it just means evolving a person's play style. The only thing that ever truly bothered me that I found not enjoyable was any quest or event that was broken. That is just me personally.

The moral of the story, when you are dealing with a MMO that has tens of thousands of people who play - its irresponsible to presume what others are or are not enjoying, moreover even more irresponsible to try and force feed others what you perceive is and isn't enjoyable.

Adios!

Edit/PS. I can give two flips of a rats tail of anyone's claim of how long they have been playing. It makes no difference to me being anyone can say they have been playing since 1999, in which maybe they have - maybe they haven't.
  2. Lizzarn_01 Journeyman

Curious... what parts of the game are hard for a ranger with 150K HP? Likely, not the parts that are hard for those with 85K.

I believe a lot of you raid geared folks complaining are merely doing so, because you want EQ to be an exclusive club that caters to only one set of folk. You ignore those who don't find group content enjoyable, because its balanced towards your gear(or chase them off the forums and the game). Anything that threatens to make EQ less exclusive you guys whine and moan until the devs change it - I've seen this happen every single time they've brought along a feature that people found fun. I'm thankful we aren't dealing with the clowns at SOE anymore. Hopefully, they no longer listen to the crowd that brought us PoP and GoD gameplay.
    Faana likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

Yeah you're right. Decreasing a person's power is definitely enjoyable. How did I not see that before? I'd much rather play a class that's naturally inferior and will be inferior no matter their skill. Silly me.

Oh wait, you're wrong again. As you can see with the multitude of reponses, people hate nerfs and don't enjoy them! I have never see a single person say "Oh, I'm glad they nerfed my class. I'd much rather play a piece of junk than a well balanced class."
    Faana likes this.
  4. Aghinem Augur

I'm glad the true subject matter has reared its ugly head. This is a necro-b1tch thread.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

I'd say the amount of guilds that have closed up shop just in the last two years is a helpful indication of how people feel about the heavy allocation of dev time to nerfing rather than to creating, fixing and enhancing.
    Igniz, Iila and Faana like this.
  6. Aghinem Augur

That's pretty tough to accurately measure. I'm not disputing that some people may have left the game because of genuine unhappiness, but it is my belief that you have a lot of people who simply migrate from one guild to another. I see it on FV all the time. You have a guild open up with about 20-40 people - it shuts down - and then another guild opens up with the same 20 people who were in the prior guild.

Example: Fire & Fury - those who didn't leave for Valhallah or Prosperitas went to Faded Dreams. Months later, Faded Dreams shuts down and evolves into Realm of Redemption - later on down the road, Realm of Redemption shuts down and evolves into Kings of Oblivion.
  7. Faana Augur

I don't see that. I see everyone, every class, unhappy about the experience nerfs, class nerfs, timer nerfs, ability nerfs, power nerfs, utility nerfs... Beginning to see a pattern?
    Igniz and Mayfaire like this.
  8. Tyraxor Augur

Nerfs made me finally do it (uninstalling Eq), but the unhappiness goes deeper than just losing some power before taking such a step after a dozen years.
    Mayfaire said it well in her last post there, "heavy allocation of dev time to nerfing rather than to creating, fixing and enhancing."

If they would still deliver in the important areas, nerfs would be an annoyance but...shrug.
    Isn't it like that with most things in life? We are willing to endure some pain, if the reward is worth it.
    Many people tried to deliver this message to DB...SoE...call 'em what ya like, if your product gets worse and worse you are in no position to slap your playerbase further.
    Igniz, Faana, Mayfaire and 1 other person like this.
  9. bazinga Elder

Does this ______make the game profitable? I'm just glad it isn't me that has to try to keep everyone happy.
  10. Triconix Augur

I'm not a necro, but I'll defend a class that's wrongfully nerfed with no reason or explanation.
    Igniz, Lily and Mayfaire like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This has a lot to do with firing half the development team and a chain of incomplete, buggy and half rear ended 6-8 zone "expansions" more than it does "wuahhhhh you nerfed my ability_01". While I never agree with all the changes, people react like idiots to *any* change here, even if it's a stupid mechanic like swarming or positively driven ones like letting a pet tank for melee. People just want their own class beefed up, the others ignored/stagnated and then they can have "fun", which is impossible for the devs to do.
    Aghinem likes this.
  12. Aghinem Augur

So you are not a necro, just someone who jumped on a band wagon and has no idea what they are talking about. Just perfect.

Do realize that the necro pet swarm was way way overpowered with twincast? No? Of course not, because you aren't a necro! What is funny is that this change has not by any means crippled that class. They are still a significantly powerful class - but people want MOOOAH POWWAH.

Like Sheex said above, people will seriously complain about *any* change that is made to the game. So there, that was your explanation and it was not wrongfully nerfed.
    Faana likes this.
  13. Krisiun Lorekeeper

You aren't a necro either, but you're on the other bandwagon.
  14. Aghinem Augur

Who says I don't have a necro? ;)
  15. Mayfaire Augur

Some people, maybe. But I find it hard to believe I am the only one who is disgusted simply because they somehow find plenty of time to nerf and yet we got a tiny (read as, can be done in a solid week, or maybe two if you are a cheevehead), embarrassingly buggy expansion. My class hasn't been nerfed, yet I haven't logged in for any other reason than to raid in months.
    Igniz and Utaerx like this.
  16. Utaerx Elder

What? The swarm nerfs and GoDR nerfs are completely separate and don't affect each other at all, so I don't know what mental gymnastics you are doing to come to the conclusion that swarms were overpowered with twincast.
    Igniz, Spellfire and menown like this.
  17. menown Augur

I'll have to agree with Utaerx here. Aghinem, you don't know what you are talking about. You have lost all credit you tried to build up with your alt necro by saying, "necro swarm pets was way way overpowered with twincast."

Just another example of idiots that we have to argue against.
    Krisiun, Igniz, valiantSeven and 2 others like this.
  18. lancelove Augur

For the OP, and the necros....
    Im sure 99% of the posters are trying to undo nerfs, which I applaud. Bring it, to light, players of the game the changes that make you mad! Kind of like playing monopoly and you have to draw a card and bam! Like that, this too is a game, and if it changes its still a game. If you dont want to play it anymore for awhile then turn in your shoe and money and do something else. :) I do like though that you complain about the nerfs mages and necros have had, and the lack of anything exciting to contribute to raid guilds from rangers....oh...no one brings that up nm sigh...Its only been 8 years guys!
  19. Ruven_BB Augur

My comment about EQ being difficult originally meant that the dev's shouldn't cater to making the game so easy that it loses its sense of accomplishment even for those that are groupers.

I am not measuring my skill and ability to group content being raid geared (it trivializes most of the content and group events that are a challenge to me make me think the group players are getting hosed), my sense of accomplishment is seeing Boss Mobs fall over and die.

Keep in mind, that most of the nerfs that have been coming down the pipeline have been much more detrimental to the group game than raiding, and I am advocating them to stop. Please take a moment and read what I have written versus judge me by a magelo, and make assumptions between the lines that just aren't there.

I strong group game is required to keep a healthy raiding game.

Ruven
    Igniz and Faana like this.
  20. valiantSeven Elder

Thanks for the laugh. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Igniz likes this.