Competitiveness

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Faana, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faana Augur

2. Darkark Augur

Huh? The graph literally shows the data for people with two X chromosomes .. and yep, apparently competition becomes less important with age for them too.
    Faana likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

Looks like the 55, 54, and 53yr old ladies want to pwn some fools.
    Mayfaire, beryon, Faana and 2 others like this.
  4. Hiladdar Augur

Faana, thanks for linking that article, I read it and think there are several dynamics in play.

The first dynamic is gender. Regardless of who says what, men and women are not equal. Each gender has specific advantages over the other.

The second dynamic is cultural, specifically how we were raised, and how we perceive the world, and our place in it, and what we perceive as appropriate and expected behavior. This second dynamic is learned.

The third one point, age, as men and women age, their bodies production of specific hormones changes. These hormones end up within the bloodstream and eventually within the brain. The hormones, one they end up in the brain, do affect how we think. Out of many hormones, I will focus on the probably the best know one naturally produced by a man's body, testosterone. As men age past about 25, there is the testosterone production starts to diminish. Consider the size of the market for pills and shots to increase testosterone within older men proof of that. Not only does testosterone, affect a man's reproductive organ, and frequency of a man's natural drive to use it as it was intended, but it also affects a man's competitive nature, expressed as aggressiveness. The net effect from a gaming perspective as men age, they will be less interested in player verses player content.
    Faana likes this.
  5. Faana Augur

Having been pregnant with 5 XYs, I know exactly the feeling of a burst of testosterone. I totally agree with you.
  6. Mayfaire Augur

Ok. I was drinking soda and almost ruined the computer screen, LOL.

On that note, please enjoy:

[IMG]
    Faana, Dropfast, Reval and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.