Where did you meet your best friend?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by rotor, Feb 10, 2016.

1. rotor New Member

Mine was while I was headshotting in Temples in HOT. (I always rotated people through for their lessons.) I found out this guy was from Baltimore and I asked him if he ever went to Balticon. (Hubby and I always attend.) He said, "I don't just go. I'm on staff." I almost fell prey to a lizard from the shock! I guildinvited him. He put me to work on Balticon staff. This weekend, he and his wife are spending Valentine's Day with us in our swim spa, sipping wine and eating chocolate.

The purpose of this thread is to get a grasp on the value of spending time with other players. Perhaps you met your best friend standing in line in Lower Guk. Maybe it was at Six Spawn in Muramite Proving Grounds. Tell your story.
  2. Gumby Augur

I don't have one. :(
  3. Semah Augur

My best friend is my wife.
    We had our honeymoon in Castle Mistmoore.
    Riou likes this.
  4. rotor New Member

Tell me about the meeting and courtship.
  5. anvil Elder

My best friend is my wife. We met in Bastion of Thunder and the first words that she ever said to me was " May I loot your corpses?" Of course the answer was yes and we have never stopped talking since. Last month we celebrated our 5th yr anniversary of that day and tomorrow is our 4th yr anniversary of being married. Last month we took our toons to BoT to kill giants( and yes it was the same ones we met with) and tomorrow we might do the same. Love to kill those giants.
  6. Roxxanna Augur

Guild Lobby, requesting a guild invite. We had many adventures together, spanning EQ1 and 2. She got thrown from a horse and hurt pretty bad, during recovery she texted me that she was about to see the Dr to have some bone splinters removed from her wrist, and she would txt me when she was leaving......I never got that txt. :,-(
    Faana, Riou and rotor like this.
  7. Enkel Augur

Really sorry to hear that, Roxxanna. I've lost several friends that I've met playing EQ, and it's never easy. There's a comic someone drew a few years back after he lost a friend, I wish I could find it. Essentially it was about him losing a friend, and he drew himself and his friends avatars staring at a computer screen, looking into the real world. The comic ended with his avatar saying, something along the lines of, "The hardest part is not knowing. Sometimes they never log back on, and you don't know why." Always gets me...
  8. Bigstomp Augur

My wife is my best friend, whom I met out of game but in another online game. (basically D&Dish via IRC).

My best friend in game, I don't really know that I have one. I have a few of very close friends in game, but I don't know if I could call any of them best without discrediting the others.
    Faana likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Technically the first meeting was when a guildmate invited both of us into a group together with some other people and did basic introductions, but the first 'real' meeting was Lichen Creep a couple days later.
    Faana likes this.
  10. RPoo Augur

In The Deep, helping him camp the wand of imperceptibility, though I was reluctant to help him because of his flirting and me having a boyfriend at the time I had a soft spot for chanters and just had to help him. Stuff happened. Still happily married after 10 years and got semi matching Koxiux the Impercepticle holding the wand of imperceptibility tattoos.
    Faana, anvil and Mayfaire like this.
  11. Hellboy007 Augur

my wife is my best friend.. yahoo personals...
  12. sojero One hit wonder

In Japanese class in college. We got partnered up to have a conversation in Japanese. She asked me what my hobbies were, and I said EQ. She also played EQ. I moved to her server started over, and 14 years later we have been married for over 10. She picked Paladin and I picked SK, since then every game we play we are yin and yang. Always enjoyable.

She doesn't play eq much anymore, but we still play other online games together.
    RPoo, Riou and Mayfaire like this.
  13. Grundged Lorekeeper

This is a really nice thread. Such a refreshing change from the usual stuff that gets posted. Thanks. :)
    Geri_Petrovna, Faana and Mayfaire like this.
  14. Semah Augur

We met on a MUD---kind of like a smaller, college-run text-based EQ. When I started playing EQ, she got into it as well. We've been together through half a dozen MMOs and there's nobody I'd rather group with. :)
  15. Cicelee Augur

Non wife- first job in high school. 26+ years and counting.

Wife- eHarmony. Coming up on 5 years of dating/engagement/marriage.

Sorry. Just read the original post. You are talking about in game. Disregard the above...
    Faana, anvil and Enkel like this.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

My local animal shelter.
    RPoo, Raludar, anvil and 1 other person like this.
  17. Sheaffer Augur

Do you have a picture of your tattoos? That sounds pretty cool. I remember camping that item for hours and hours back in the day.
  18. Sinzz Augur

my best friend in game I met on fippy darkpaw server, her name then was Saucy she was/is a excellent player goes by Klassie now a'days one of the best if not the best ranger I have ever known.
    I have met many folks over the years but she is only one comes close to dealing with my crap , lol
    funny thing is I couldn't imagine playing eq without looking over and seeing her playing/dying with me so I guess that's a best friend .
    Faana and anvil like this.
  19. Faana Augur

That's awesome and I'm not even a fan of tattoos!
  20. Tobin Augur

Friend ? what's a friend ? I don't have any :(