Player looking to come back

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Valdeth, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Valdeth New Member

Hello all!

I played for years, quit for a few, played again for a year and stopped again for probably 3 or 4 years. As FTP I can't use a single piece of my gear on my characters on the RP server. I'd like to come back, play from level 1 and stop and smell the roses at a few points (level 52, 65, 70 etc) to get some aa and experience some of the old game again.

I was wondering which server might have a guild that would take a player in my position. There is so much new content that I don't want to immediately get a heroic toon. I wouldn't mind spending a few months levelling up and getting aa and seeing the old sites before pushing through into content from the last few expansions. But even though I realize I might have to solo most of that, I don't want to do it totally alone so am hoping to find a server or place to hang out again.

Any tips would be appreciated!
  2. Nick Elder

If your playtime is somewhat limited I'd highly suggest Firona Vie for the +50% xp bonus. And yea there's a guild or 2 that accepts most everyone
    Instafor likes this.
  3. Kiani Augur

Have you considered a time locked progression server? Everyone will be in the same position as you, so you'll have people to group with etc.

Ragefire and Lockjaw are currently in Kunark, waiting for Velious (vote in March for RF). Phinny is in Classic, but should be on a faster unlock schedule in general. Phinny is the true-box server - you need one PC per box if you want to box. Phinny probably has the better lower level population if you want to group, RF and probably LJ are a bit quiet at lower levels right now.
  4. Valdeth New Member

Thanks for the replies!

Progression servers are not an option yet as I want to play for awhile again before committing to going gold but otherwise they sound great for low level grouping! For now I guess I'll tinker around on Firona and see if I can find a guild or at least some friendly peeps to chat with.
  5. Anhari Augur

The Rathe has a great guild that is well suited for your needs. Look for Roxxanne of TED (The Eternal Darkness). Causal guild, caters to players of all levels/skill sets. Yes they do raid on occasion but not required at all.
  6. Panikker Elder

Valdeth I second that of the Rathe being friendly/casual ..the bad part is that is empty most of the time at the lower levels, lol ...I'm trying xegony at the moment ..trying to stay away from cazic and bristlebane servers.Bristlebane, Cazic , FV and Xegony are the most active servers . ...besides those server Phini is a great server lots of new people but exp thing is hard to digest lol ..if you can overlook advancing one level every other day , lol, phini has lots of people less boxers. I'm trying to level up a toon on phini but the exp is soooo bad I had to play on another server while I wait for those double exp weekends. Another thing is that phini has to many people that the server is almost full 24/7 ...easy to find groups you you are a tank or dps...to many druids already .... ..and clerics and shamans ..and many many chanters/necros ...
  7. Geri_Petrovna Augur

the benefit of TLPS is that you will never experience the broken mess that is current expansions.
  8. Mayarax New Member

What are bristle bane, xegony and caxic like at lower levels?
  9. Geri_Petrovna Augur

BB is quiet. but there's a plethora of higher levels, that are bored and willing to help out.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Welcome to join us in Lions of the Heart on Xegony.