looking for info for wife

Discussion in 'Casters' started by strongbus, Jan 26, 2016.

1. strongbus Augur

wife has a 105 mage and 104 bard she looking for a 3rd. she has a 105 bst or a 95 shamm on a thried account. which of the 2 would add more to the group?
  2. Imminent Journeyman

Personally, I would work up the shammy )
  3. strongbus Augur

what is the difference for dps and pets. between a 105 shamm and a 105 bst.

Both will be ranged as she is maining the mage with macros for rest(expect for she will be pulling with bard).

I know that the shammy will have better heals/slows and their buffs last longer.

What is the difference between the shammy and bst for range dps and differnce between pets at 105?
  4. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

Can't give you numbers, but i would work on shaman since the box you are talking about is a passive box, (IE standing still, casting spells, not meleeing etc).

without the melee component the beastlord is a shaman-light (except the pet of course).

Pros for shaman
    You would get: panther-line for the magepet, better slow, near endless mana on the shaman due to canni, stronger dots, stronger heals, stronger debuffs (includeing moveing the malo line debuff from mage to shaman, thus giveing you more mana/casttime on the mage), and he is easier to box.
    Their buffs are also more powerful.

Pros for beastlord:
    Beastcrack, stronger pet, higher overall dps if you can box him in melee, otherwise lower dps if you are range boxing him, and you get the 3rd hps line buff, spiritual something or the other, the one that don't stack with brells from paladin.

hope that clears something up
  5. Brohg Augur

I kinda wonder about the range dps thing. bst melee is part of their damage, but a big part now is spellcasting (plus the pet). A shaman would do their dot-dot-swift-swift, a beastlord would do swarm-nuke-nuke-nuke-nuke. The damage would likely be comparable at least
  6. Sheaffer Augur

Honestly I'm not sure those are great choices either way. You'd be much better with a wizard, enchanter, druid, wizard, necro, or even another magician.

That being said, if she doesn't wan to level a new character, I think the shaman would probably do more as just a macro box.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

I would agree with sheaffer that either beast or shaman are poor options, a chanter would give you the best option imo.
    Would give you manaregen, slow, cripple, tash and decent dots.

Another great option would be a wizzy, gives you synergy with mage and bard.
    bard focus song for fire or magic based nukes, with the malos-line from the mage, wizzy will also give you snare, evac and ports.

Same for druid, druid gives you sow, snare, ports, limited manaregen from the skin line, heals and if you do the epic 2.0 the clicky is good for nukes on the mage.
    Again, the druid can get you synergy with the mage/bard, due to Fire resist debuffs/malos, firebased nukes, bard focus song.

Necro would also be viable, the dmg on a necro can be brutal, with mindwrack line you can get decent manaregen out of him, but it is tricky, it is hard to get good synergy with the bard/mage/necro combo due to the songs that would have to be played for good focus, but it is doable, again you get snare and wipe recovery, with FD and rezz from cleric merc etc.
  8. RPoo Augur

If the best option is chanter because of
    o_O
    Our ability to regen your mana is decent - passively with cog but have to be active with hitting dicho every minute for extra bumps or even nuking with intellectual appropriation, using second spire, and robe clicky.
    shaman out does us on slow+cripple hands down we are not worthy!
    Tash rules.
    Decent dots. This is what trips me up. Are you kidding me? All the decent chanters are facepalming as they read that. We have one dot that's worth a cast for it's mana returning utility but our nukes and ability to twincast every nuke along with our ADPS abilities is what makes us 60k+ sustainable by ourselves. (looking at 90k+ with other adps support from druid etc)
    Our crowd control is only matched by bards.
    Our other buffs - Haste for instance will greatly enhance the bard and pet with it's stats, other buffs like legions and runes can trivialize any named AEs and apparently we're pretty good at tanking if we have to :cool:
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  9. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

Read what OP is actually asking, he is looking for a low effort box, possibly macroed with a few keystrokes he can cast dots/nukes/cripples/slows etc. etc.

Your crowd control is only matched by bards, well OP already has a bard why would he need more CC? he can solo pull everything in game, and should he get adds, well bard can CC too, that is why i omitted that advantage of the chanter.

The bard is unlikely to be meleeing (he isn't planning on meleeing with a beastlord, so unlikely to be meleeing with a bard), so your haste buff won't do anything on bard, thus i omitted it from my post.
    Little fuzzy on how haste works on pets these days, but with bard song on and burnout 9billion (or whatever it is up to in last expansion) i would imagine you are adding 20% tripleattack on the pet. i suppose it is something, but it isnt exactly a massive thing.

Yes your nukes would do more damage but as i remember it, you need to micromanage your casts to get that sort of effect out of chanter nukes? i could be wrong, my chanter is only lvl 95, and i mostly used him for crack and slow, so if he isn't gonna micromanage to the point where he can melee with a beastlord, he isn't gonna micromanage the spellcasting of his chanter to that point. but ok I yield you don't have decent dots, you have decent nukes, I stand corrected

Slow and cripple you say that shamans own you hands down, sure, but the fact that OP only wanna add 1 toon to his setup means that the lackluster dps of the shaman and lack of melee toons in party (again the bard is unlikely to melee) to buff it means that the shaman is a no go, so your cripple and slow will have to make do.

About runes and the like, i may have forgotten to mention it, but yes runes are awsome.

I am a little puzzled by your post though, you are agreeing with me that the advice I gave is right, but wasn't detailed enough? or something.

But ok, i bow to you oh masterfull chanter, i would still pick the chanter to add to OP's team.
  10. RPoo Augur

You offended chanters. This time I was the first to speak up and defend the class cause those were fight'n words. If I hadn't someone else would have eventually stood up for us. It's what we do.
    OBV everyone should just reroll chanters.
    boxing a chanter isn't that hard
    You cast Tash, then either wait for gems to refresh and cast helix slow or don't wait for gems to refresh and cast dreary deeds AA. Hit dichotomic reinforcement then hit your dps hotkey v
    /pause 40, /cast (spell number for chaotic bewildering)
    /pause 40, /cast (spell number for mindsunder)
    /pause 40, /cast (spell number for mindcleave)
    /pause 40, /cast (spell number for chaotic bewildering)
    /pause 40, /cast (spell number for mindsunder)
    Tab over to mage and do stuff for 30 seconds. Tab back to chanter and cast Mindcleave to use up that last twincast, hit the dps hotkey again. Tab back over to Mage--
  11. Brohg Augur

Can't mez the target if pet's tanking, pets fall off :(

I have to have multiple socials on box enc for when mag/bst are invited.

Just means no twins, though. There's still Dicho 'sunder 'cleave Appropriate 'sunder 'cleave
  12. RPoo Augur

NP with the new pet mechanics - pet re-engages mob when the mage or chanter nukes it awake and it attacks the pet. Don't have to worry about the mob being too close anymore.
  13. RPoo Augur

Just pick the beastlord so you don't have to try to level up and learn something else. Just hang back and nuke and dot with those beastly nukes and dots, send in the pet, slow with beast slow, enjoy the beast crack and hp buffs. It's all about extra merc dps anyway ;)
    Brohg likes this.
  14. strongbus Augur

thanks all for the info. she deciding now i might decide to get some +wife faction and trade her the account that has the bst and shamm on it for one of my box accounts(all 6 accounts we have are in my name anyways). that has a 105 shaman on it as well as a 75 wizzy with bout 6 years of vet rewards on it. This way if she wants a dps toon it is faster to level up the 75 instead of making a new one all over again.(she was deciding between the sham and bst over dps ash she don't wana have to level a toon up form 1 again).

besides I been thinking of a box group with a ranger and her account has a level 90 ranger on it that is just the right level range for the group i am making up.