Druid (as) DPS ?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tinywolf, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Tinywolf New Member

I have been seeing some parses from druids that are hard to understand. They haven't gone rogue. Their parse numbers aren't as good as could be because they're not DPS and they comply. But they seem to do a lot of DPS for a non-DPS in some events. If nothing else this demonstrates to me that druids are capable of doing a lot more DPS then I ever imagined. I don't know how they do it. I just know they can be competitive with some DPS classes in the parse while acting in a non-DPS capacity. In events with a lot of cures/heals/tests - move here or else their DPS drops dramatically. That's neither here nor there. If someone is able to DPS as a DPS and is then charged with doing with all kinds of non-DPS stuff, their DPS will fall.

75K sustained on Wither and Decay (over 100 mln total damage) seems pretty good. 250K burst two months on the burn event in Arx was also pretty good at the time.

My question is: Are druids actually able to DPS as a DPS and heal as a healer nowadays. The numbers give an answer that just doesn't make sense. They are priests/healers and yet why would a healer get the Twincast spell. That's one of the best DPS spells in the game limited to three classes. Two of them are DPS and one is a healer?

Thanks in advance.
  2. code-zero Augur

Yeah, Druids can do excellent DPS and also heal. They're pretty good at it too if they know the class. They can't nuke quite as well as a Wizard or heal quite as good as a Cleric but they're at a really sweet spot when it comes to doing both
    Addler likes this.
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

a cleric and a druid are both able to push pretty decent numbers if played correctly (just ask Ilia although now I'm not so sure about clerics). Shamans dont dps. It's laughable at best.
  4. Enkel Augur

Just wait til Illa logs on and posts. All will be clear.
  5. Brohg Augur

Druids are, at the same time, captains of the Junior Cleric Squad and captains of the Junior Wizard Squad. That's their explicit design space. That they also have best in game debuffing capability and a couple insano ADPS benes is … mostly due to development buffing pursuant to playerbase ignorance
    Bolo and Iila like this.
  6. Iila Augur

Druids aren't even that good.

Also, you're not on steam!
    Enkel likes this.
  7. Sancus Augur

You're alive :eek:
  8. Behelit Augur

it's a trap Sanc
    Enkel and Sancus like this.
  9. Iila Augur

Druids are clr/wiz hybrids. If you're not taking advantage of both sides of that combination, you should be playing one of those pure classes instead. Clerics have much better healing tools, and wizards can do significantly better dps.

That being said, when healing isn't needed, druids can compete among the non-top-tier DPS classes. It takes some situational awareness to know what you should be doing, and being smart enough to use correct spell sets.

I'm not gonna post parses cause some garbage wiz or zerker with half my apm will flip out. But in RoI groups and raids, I can contribute meaningfully to DPS.
    Narogg, Taease and Enkel like this.
  10. Sowslow Elder

Shaman are not close to druid when they go all out, but I don't consider shaman dps laughable anymore.
    At least non burst dps. Burst dps is still sad.
  11. Repthor Augur

if shammy uses rabid bear plus lion they can do atleast not terribad dps
  12. Gundolin Augur

Unless we're talking undead my dps sucks. What are you casting to keep consistent DPS with a cleric?

Thanks
  13. Brohg Augur

Same stuff, just 25% less than against undead. Do all your healing with Glorious+Intra combo by preference, Contras when the Intras are down. Keep Yaulp+melee on for the procs with your 98 summoned hammer.
    Gundolin likes this.
  14. Enkel Augur

Tax season, start work at 6am, end at 630pm.

Edit: if I was on steam i'd be playing Dragon's Dogma.......
    Iila likes this.
  15. iamgreatness New Member

When Lila says Druids aren't even that good is she making a joke or are they actually not that good. I'm jw cuz I was thinking about making one but also don't want to if the class is under performing. Thanks!
  16. Behelit Augur

Idk who this "Lila" is but I wouldn't trust them
    Iila likes this.
  17. Kobrah Augur

/agree Behelit.. This person sounds shady.
    Iila likes this.
  18. iamgreatness New Member

can I get a straight forward answer... are druids under performing in the current xpac?
  19. Vdidar Augur

The answer lies within you.
    Edit: you sound like a flavor of the week kind of person so yes a Druid will probably underperform in your eyes.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Forgot to mention Divine Avatar has 30% uptime.