TLP - best items for class

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rithlir, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Rithlir Journeyman

As of now, up to 10 items are shown per slot, so if there are less than 10 items and an item you're looking for isn't listed at all, it's not added to the database.

You can help adding items to the database by clicking "add items" (a dropdown on the "EQITEMS" label on the top)

That aside, +cha is weighted 50% and +int 100% for enchanters. This is just my suggestion and i'm willing to listen to opinion :)
  2. Vaclav Augur

On Melee DPS, I'd honestly not weigh DEX at all - the effect on DPS or aggro is negligible until H-Dex is in the equation.

On Tank Build, STA sounds a smidge high (and frankly it varies by class - it should be in-line with HP/STA gains with the HP - so a 7 HP/STA class should get 70% if HP is 10%... I personally weight AC at 1:15 vs. HP personally however which would be more like HP at 7%)

On ENCs, most of the concensus I've seen weighs CHA pretty lowly - around 25% I'd say. But HP/AC should be a consideration since those are very key in dealing with inevitable breaks.
  3. -wycca Augur

This is pretty nifty.

Vaclav - I believe there are some interactions with dex and archery, and dex and backstab, but I need to research it more.

Additionally, people like to weight things all sorts of different.

If you wanted to do it, you could always go ultra custom instead of fixed ratios. An option to assign custom ratios to stats. Ie, if I felt like MR/CR/FR was my #1 stat in classic, then I could weight that group (but not DR/PR). If I felt like it was AC > HP by 70%/30%, then you could do that. Lastly, if you could lock slots, and then put limits on the weighting of the unlocked slots, people could go so far as to get a list of the gear better for their remaining slots to shoot for based upon their preferences. Classic example - a clr may have BIS bp, legs, boots, range, and epic. They may be trying to field other slots. Obviously, this alone may get them like 200wis, and they only need 55 more. So they could enter a limit of 255 on wis, and once capped by a selection of gear, it would then favor something else. If an enchanter only cared about hitting 200 cha, they could do something similar. What about 100FR? It would prioritize things like - White Satin Gloves, Wurm Scale Cloak, Crown of the Froglok Kings, Cloak of Flames - lock those in, and then it would skip FR weighting all together. Just some thoughts, thanks again.
  4. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

Looking good man, like the changes.

I think along with the "you are hardcapped" in this stat.
    You need a "you are softcapped" around 200, because for instance for my wizzy you gain more mana from just +mana than from + int at 200+.

You also need a way of telling the calculator if you have a haste item or not, say a cloak of flames, well then flowing black silksash needs to be taken way down the list.

maybe you could add some static text to each class on the side.
    Say for wizzy.
    note: importent focuses are.
    Imp damage III, manapress III, spellcasting haste III
    Wizzys primary stat is int, softcap at 200, hardcap 255

if you want the site to be widely used it needs a bit of tooltips and maybe on the site put the information as text on how to add items that people feel are missing, maybe a way to give you feedback on stat weighing.

I realize it is a work in progress and hope you don't take it as negative criticizim
  5. Zert Journeyman

alright site i guess imo needs alot of work still.
    some of the items it has for classes are dumb as hell.
  6. Sinestre Journeyman

I really like it. As others have said it's easy to use and it's very pleasing to the eye. I like that items have links so you can quickly look at them and see where they're from. You've got a really great start! The only thing I can see is that your weights don't seem to be taking into consideration focus effects for casters (on every slot). However, that being said you can eventually add that and with everything you've done so far it looks great. You definitely spent more time and devotion into this than I would have. Kudos on your hard work!
  7. snailish Augur

It's an impressive start. There's now a post up on the general forum at EQ Zam about it, so hopefully that generates some contributor traffic for you.

Be cautious of era flags for items as noted on Allakhazam's though, stuff like the "newbie armor" (which has been progression defined to a specific era now, would have been entered there over multiple expansions in real time. Similar situation with the out of era idols and Runnyeye revamp gear and such... as long as your site is recognizing TLP era (and adjusts if/when they change more stuff for future progression) then I think you will be fine.
  8. liveitup1216 Augur

Neat setup once it's working properly. Definitely valuing dex for melee way too much. In reality melee weights should be:

1 Haste item (highest %, then drop the stat value to 0) > STR to cap (or cap with buffs) > Resists if need be > raw HP > AC.
  9. yerm Augur

While I really hate to say it... some of the QOL functions that allakhazam searches provide might go really nicely here. Stuff like only focus items, raid items yes or no, and the ability to weight attributes to your own liking.

It definitely has great potential and I look forward to seeing it pan out!
  10. Sophism Lorekeeper

I'll be keeping an eye on this site as it gets updated. Aside from the previous variables described above, nothing but good things to say !
  11. Vaclav Augur

On archery - and it's a negligible difference in my L50 parsing on LJ, buffed up to 255 dex on a /testcopy vs. my base DEX - 86 I think? (I was using rain caller so couldn't axe that DEX and was HUM was no pts spent in DEX), there was something like a 2% DPS increase for that massive amount of DEX on a L60 test dummy. (I don't have those logs anymore so it's off my head - stripped that char before I quit - could rerun with the wife here, if she's OK with me commandeering her acct for a day or two to test though)

On backstab, I'm unsure. And I'd imagine it also effects warrior crits to some degree. (prolly like ranger numbers)

Perhaps it deserves SOME weight - but definitely not a large one.

That is true - customizing like you discussed would be awesome.

Eh, the math is weird - it's not quite so cut and dry if you micromanage your INT/WIS in the softcap range. To maximize my mana for example Moonstone Ring doesn't trump Platinum Jasper when Plat Jasper is taking me from 239-245. But... if I shed a bit of WIS gear a couple and instead have the Plat Jasper taking me from 220-226 the Moonstone destroys it.

Not sure what the softcap formula is precisely, but it's incredibly erratic.
  12. taliefer Augur

melee stats are next to worthless. there have never been any parses that show any difference outside the margin of error in dps or damage taken while increasing str dex or agi in large amounts., especially in this era
  13. Vaclav Augur

STR parsed out noticably (although not major) going from 111 to 255 for me - something around 15% IIRC. (Again off my head, don't have the old parses)

Although keep in mind with the nature of MotM - it's quite possibly unnoticeable.

[And come to think of it on both parses - I'd quit before the "melee buff AA" came into play]
  14. taliefer Augur

without parses to back it up,id file it under the misrememberd category. old parses all amounted to str being almost nonexistant in increasing dps, and even gameplay suggests as much. my monk with 80 base str(20 cha on character creation ftw) parses right with monks who take the time to buff and gear for str.
  15. Vaclav Augur

I'll see if the wife will let me testcopy her later and run some lengthy parses w/ and w/o 255 (I know she's curious of how MW pets add to DPS anyhow since they're "weird" so prolly easy to convince - haven't gotten a MW yet on Phin - but do own a few on other servers to copy/hand off)
  16. Galuvian New Member

The data also seems to be missing some expansion data.

Class: Wizard, Race: DE

The first items listed on the page are:
    Supple Scale Armband Link says this is dropped in Karnors (Kunark)
    Golden Bracer Link says this is dropped in Charasis (Kunark)
  17. Rithlir Journeyman

Fixed expansion filter, and reduced dex value.

Do some classes get less hp per sta than others? i thought it was the Level / 5 per Sta rule until softcap?
  18. Vaclav Augur

Highly variable.

CLR for example at L50 is getting 22 HP for 5 STA at L50. (95-100)

ENC at L49 (I slack on my alt, I know - 97% in though!) is getting 39 HP for 10 STA. (70-80)

So both are floating someone slightly north of 4 HP/STA at L50 - but definitely not 10 HP/STA at L50.

I believe warriors get somewhere around 7 HP/STA at L50 - but someone else would have to confirm that, don't have one on hand to check - just what I seem to recall off my head.
  19. Rithlir Journeyman

Today's update;

- improved mana/level calculations and reduced score from wis/int on hybrids by 40%
    - improved hp/level calculations and increased score from AC by 50% for tanks
  20. Xanadas Augur

what content db are you utilizing?