TLP - best items for class

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rithlir, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Rithlir Journeyman

Posted this on reddit, thought i'd post here too to get feedback;

There are a lot of questions about where to find items for <insert class here> and what are the best items. I've started setting up a site with a database that links to ZAM items. For each item added I've tagged the item with which expansion it belongs to. I have further plans (Focus effect search, Solo/group/raid level recommendations, etc)

This can then be searched for with class/race/level. Items are ranked by a score formula where I've added weight to specific stats per class. This should produce a list of items very close to "Best in slot". Then lower levels can just go down the list till they find an item they believe they can obtain.

Useful? Check http://eqitems.com/ and give me feedback please.
  2. Rothj Augur

The site itself is good. The layout, all of that. The main problem I found, as an sk, is that it doesn't actually find best in slot items. It looks like it uses an algorithim to find items with high score but even there it's weird and doesn't seem to factor in haste or ac much or consider the class. Good start though.
  3. Krimzin Augur

monks class dont factor in weight at all and puts weird stuff in your hands instead of weapons or fists
  4. Pikallo Augur

I really like the simplicity and format of the site and would definitely find it useful if it were a bit more accurate. Are you excluding no-drop items on purpose? There is no planar armor listed. And there are some questionable results from my own quick search. For example, as a druid the only cloak listed is an HBC, where I would say there should be things like Molten Cloak, Mammoth Hide Cloak, and White Dragonscale(actual BiS).

As the guy above said, great start though.
  5. Rithlir Journeyman

Thanks for all the input. It's a Work In Progress, and feedback like this will help me move forward and make good improvements :)

To answer the concerns:

Rothj: Yes there's an algorithm, and for the most part i'm sure it will end up matching current "Best in slot" lists fairly well, however the values in the algorithm needs some finetuning, i just made it off the top of my head with my fair knowledge about primary/secondary stats, int/wis/mana ratios etc, AC usability etc. For example for melee dps i have rated AC down in favor of DEX and STR. Focus items are not taken into account at all, i'm thinking it's better to have a separate search option for those, since there are (or will be) multiple items with the same focus effect and it doesn't make sense to show several of them as best-in-slot.

Basically: Let me know which item is listed above an item that it shouldn't, and I'll review the algorithm values and see if I can make some adjustments. I might post some raw calculation tables so you guys can help make decisions.

Krimzin: I admit, I haven't considered the Monk class at all :) I will look into it, I don't think I even read the weight of items as it is so i'll need to add that.

Pikallo: Yes those items are probably not added yet. You can add new items by hovering the "EQITEMS" label on the top, and click "Add items". Paste a zam item link and it's imported right away.

Thanks for the feedback :)
  6. Rithlir Journeyman

Thanks for all the input. It's a Work In Progress, and feedback like this will help me move forward and make good improvements :)

To answer the concerns:

Rothj: Yes there's an algorithm, and for the most part i'm sure it will end up matching current "Best in slot" lists fairly well, however the values in the algorithm needs some finetuning, i just made it off the top of my head with my fair knowledge about primary/secondary stats, int/wis/mana ratios etc, AC usability etc. For example for melee dps i have rated AC down in favor of DEX and STR. Focus items are not taken into account at all, i'm thinking it's better to have a separate search option for those, since there are (or will be) multiple items with the same focus effect and it doesn't make sense to show several of them as best-in-slot.

Basically let me know which item is listed above an item that it shouldn't, and I'll review the algorithm values and see if I can make some adjustments. I might post some raw calculation tables so you guys can help make decisions.

Krimzin: I admit, I haven't considered the Monk class at all :) I will look into it, I don't think I even read the weight of items as it is so i'll need to add that.

Pikallo: Yes those items are probably not added yet. You can add new items by hovering the "EQITEMS" label on the top, and click "Add items". Paste a zam item link and it's imported right away.

7. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

I like the concept, the simplicity.

however it is a little too simple, the lists are too short (or the background database too small, if this is teh case the reddit thing you added about populating the database would do the trick).

If possible you should add something about the focus effects, and possibly a thing about being able to "build your own toon" like this thing for wow

http://maxdps.com/mage/arcane.php

as the SK above states it doesn't provide you with the best items, most likely because the wheighing of the stats is off, or that the softcaps for various stats arnt in place.

It is a nice concept though.
  8. Rithlir Journeyman

To answer the concerns:

Basically let me know which item is listed above an item that it shouldn't, and I'll review the algorithm values and see if I can make some adjustments. I might post some raw calculation tables so you guys can help make decisions.

9. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

10. Sheaffer Augur

I really like the interface. The layout is pleasing to the eye and easy to use. The only problem is...I'm not sure you have the weights correct. I searched for enchanter items and didn't see any charisma gear. I'm guessing you just don't have charisma factored in as a weight.
  11. Fhiele Augur

You're missing a LOT of items though. I added in a few. For monks, I think weight should slide a -% of points, starting at 1.2 for most items, but maybe 2.0 in chest slot. I don't wear anything more then 3 lbs, so maybe 3lbs could be -50%, 5lbs -75%, that sort of thing. And 0 should be +25% for monks, and .1 to .5 should be +10%, I think that would be helpful.
  12. Fhiele Augur

And maybe reduce the dmg/delay point bonus for non-melee's.

Does a druid care as much about his ratio as he does wis/mana/resists?
  13. Coach_Kegadin Augur

SoW Pots and Cloudy Potions are BIS item for every class.
    Rhiyannon and Finley like this.
  14. Pseudofate Augur

Bard - Krono
    Cleric - Krono
    Druid - Krono
    Enchanter - Krono
    Mage - Krono
    Monk - Krono
    Necro - Krono
    Paladin - Krono
    Ranger - Krono
    Rogue - Krono
    Shadow Knight - Krono
    Shaman - Krono
    Warrior - Krono
    Wizard - Krono
  15. Ducreux Augur

Cool site, the weighting needs some adjustment but it's a nice starting point for people.

Example of odd weighting: Drake Hide Leggings (5ac 5dex 5cha) score 550, versus Mithril Greaves (10ac 7st 5SV Magic) score 114, as a rogue.

I also added some rogue items that were missing in the topend but the rest of it seemed accurate more or less, I think it may emphasize Dex a bit too much.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Tons of items missing - doesn't seem to have planar stuff at all? (boggle)

No personal weighting is sort of bad too - i.e. rangers that actually care about their tanking ability can tank amazingly right now. Yet for a tank ranger the "BIS" it gives is a Serp Bracer by a massive degree - with an amazing one like Hero Bracers being scored very low in comparison.

Fishbone Earring for a RNG coming up as a better overall earring than Diamondine? (boggle)

CLR items seem reasonably well done besides a TON of missing items.
  17. Baulkin Augur

This seems pretty solid. A couple things to note.
    1. It does not weight focus effects correctly. (BAM is not in the top 5 for cleric necks)
    2. It only works for classic currently
  18. Nefarr Journeyman

For necro, Dagger of Marnek should be listed for ranged, not Dragoon Dirk.
  19. GrugSA Augur

Besides what others have stated, it needs a search function for 1 handed weapons, 2 handed weapons, mainhand stat item, shields/offhand stat items, bows/throwing and range stat item. Yak isn't really a good secondary item for an SK. The ability to remove Haste and focus effects that aren't need from the score would also be great. So would an ability to adjust scores for past soft cap but not hard capped stats.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Ah yea, this reminds of a point I missed stating earlier too - 2H right now aren't weighted as taking two hands - they should be weighted against BOTH hands of value not individually weighted against 1H that obviously will always lose while in reality they rarely trump DW or 1H+Shield.
  21. Finley Augur

Seems to assume even a cleric can dual wield as weapons show up in the secondary slot list. The lists also populate oddly. For example for cleric it shows Aegis of Life at the top of back slot options which is fine. But then it fills the list with the highest DEX item (Cloak of Shadows) and highest HP item (Hooded Black Cloak) instead of other lesser +WIS/mana options (Like Molten Cloak or Mammoth Hide Cloak).
  22. Rithlir Journeyman

Hi, just a little update. The fact that items you expect to be listed at a certain spot doesn't, is usually attributed to the fact that the item isn't added to the database yet.

As for tanking rangers and rogues, well I suppose I could make an option for "build type" that would work for all classes.
    - tank build (favors +ac 100%, +sta 100%, +hp 10%)
    - melee dps build (favors +str 100%, +dex 50%)

What do you think?

Fixed the values for most melee classes to favor +str more. Rangers and rogues should be more accurate now.

EDIT: Also completely removed melee dps bonuses for pure healers and casters.