Wizard Vs. Mage [TLP]

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Krakked, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Krakked New Member

With the changes to the Mage pet mitigation, I'm finding it's almost a waste to summon a pet now on my mage since I box several characters, and the pet dies every 4-5 pulls.

Would a Wizard be the same/better dps than a Mage for these servers? I don't plan on using the casters for raiding, so it would all be group DPS.

Only in the late 40s right now, and would rather reroll him now before I continue to grind my toons up.

What are your thoughts?
  2. Panikker Elder

The only problem I see on wiz vs mage ( on phini sever) is that it runs out of mana faster but nukes harder than mage..and they do travel faster lol ...
  3. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

Playing a wizzy on RF, and i would say that you can do as much dmg as a mage, but for an expgroup the mage would win due to mana issues.

I play with a friend and we run mage, bard, wizzy, chanter cleric, warrior.
    Parsing it pans out something like this on a single mob (say for instance named):

Wizzy
    mage about 70-90% of wizzys dmg,
    warrior around 40-60% f wizzys dmg
    rough numbers and our gear is wildly mismatched

however if we look over an entire night the mage wins, because we chainpull and even with crack pots and C, and the bard the wizzy can't generate enough mana to make up for the pet.
    And if you count in the DS on the tank as the mages dmg, the wizzy is pretty much boned.

So how i play it is that i play around 80%-FM and then have an extra gear for when we get adds or fight a named, and i can get rid of a mob in a hurry.

Kabuum
    Masta Slacka
    Addler likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It really is like the old days this time...