Server Choices/Returning Player Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gorpier, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Gorpier New Member

Hi there. :) I'm curious if its viable to begin on the normal servers or if I should consider jumping onto one of the progression servers at this point. I'm not new to EQ but might as well be as I left just after PoP many years ago. Chances are I won't remember even the controls let alone the content. Will it even matter if I chose the progression servers over normal ones? I don't mind solo/molo play but will eventually seek out a guild I imagine.

Truth told, I'm not even sure if there are still characters on my account. I may find that I deleted them before I left or that I got hacked while I was gone or a number of other things really. That said, I doubt I could just pick up where I left off anyway. I just don't remember enough about the content so I'll be rerolling. I'm just not sure where to begin doing that yet.
  2. Xanorak Lorekeeper

What class do you plan on making? I'd suggest joining Firona Vie for the bonus +50% xp. Complete the tutorial and get as much gear as you can (just hail all the NPC's you see to get the quests) alt+q brings up your quest journal. The tutorial is actually pretty fun once you get the hang of everything. Oh and set your language to elvish, everyone on the server uses it lol

By lvl 20-30 if your unsatasfied try out the progression servers I guess, feel free to PM me if u need help, gl!
  3. Omnicronimous Journeyman

Erollisi Marr is a great server in my opinion. I can't imagine a more helpful group of veteran players. There are a few largish guilds to choose from. It seems guildless players do decently well there too. Anyway, welcome back to the game. :)